• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RobocreenCapture Activation Problem ~ OH Please help<>whah!

Explorer ,
Dec 21, 2009 Dec 21, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have RoboScreenCapture ver. 2 and it was working GREAT. Got a new computer and had to re-activate many programs inc. my Adobe suite [off topic here]. But my RSC [Robo] program is the only one I'm having problems reactivating.The activation server [eHelp] no longer exists.

The Adobe customer service portal has given me advice that does NOT help. the RSC program has nothing to so with RoboHelp [but this is the only pleace here I can go ~ oh boo hoo but maybe someone here can help] or Word and the downloads, RoboHelp X5 [RoboHelp.exe: RoboHTML or Patches X501 & X502].

RSC is an older [2004] screen capture program and I'm sure many of you are familiar with it. But if anyone can help me re-activate it or somehow by-pass the activation process, I'd appreciate it. I OWN the software and have the S/N.

I will include some captures [from another program] of the problems I am encountering in trying to activate it. And I don't like the program I'm using to give you these screen caps and have used Snagit and don't like it either.

[first screen that comes up to activate it]

RoboScreenCapture Window.jpg

[2nd screen when "activate now" is pressed]

RSC_2.JPG

[3rd screen when "next" is pressed]

RSC_23JPG.jpg

[I blackened the numbers for security reasons]

But please if anyone here can help, I'd appreciate it ecause the Adobe customer service portal has been of NO help, trust me.

Ellen

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 22, 2009 Dec 22, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is the situation that you have got X5 working again as described in Snippets on my site but that RSC still does not work?

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

Follow me @petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

X5 Does not work with RoboScreenCapture. I downloaded the "fixes" which were NOT compatible with RSC version 2. But here is a quote from the customer portal in my  case "files." For some reason the Adobe response to my question is no longer there but here is my response to the advice they gave:

<QUOTE> The instructions I received in the email to download & install RobeHelp X5 did NOT help what so ever. The files were for Microsoft Word and had nothing to do with RoboScreenCapture.
It appears to me that ALL the folks who have tried to resolve this issue are NOT familiar with RoboScreenCapture and cannot give any advice as to how to resolve the issue of activating the program.
Isn't there ANYONE at Adobe who might be familiar with this program and knows how to somehow bypass the activation? I have the S/N, I OWN the software.<QUOTE>

They kept referring to the fact that I had lost the S/N.And I don't have Mirsosoft Word/works installed on my computer.

From the screen caps I provided in my previous post are you or anyone working with you familiar with RSC ver. 2 [2004]? The screen caps I provided show a screen were when I contact them by phone [the company no longer supports activation] I give them the numbers in the blacked out area and they in turn give me numbers to type in the spaces provided and the software is then activated. I have repeated the "activation" process several times and the same numbers comes up. If I emailed you the numbers would you be able to figure out how to resolve this?

Thanks in advance,

Ellen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think what you are saying is that you are not a RH user and you are just want to get RSC going. Is that the case, if not, please make things clear.

There is some background to explain here. The activation servers for RH had to be closed down because of security issues. What Adobe did was provide a means for X5 to be activated and I suspect that will activate RSC too for the version that ships with X5. For users of earlier versions than X5, Adobe will upgrade them to X5. So if you have an old copy of RH, not just RSC, it should be possible to get you going again. However, if you only have RSC, then it might not be possible to sort things out.

Word is totally irrelevant.

The numbers would only be of any relevance to someone working for Adobe and at the time activation was working.

Follow me @petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK with your additional reply it looks like you have got X5 going but not RSC. Please confirm that beyond doubt.

As to Word, what version are you using? Possibly it is a version later than X5 supported.

Follow me @petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

I don't have X5 and I don't have any version of Word [don't have any Microsoft products]. All I have is RoboScreenCapture version 2.0. So, can you guys still help me? I really love RSC, it's a great screen capture program and has been the one I like best out of the ones I have used in the past.

Ellen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found the email w/instructions from the Adobe customer service portal:

<QUOTE>Thank You for Contacting Adobe Customer Service
We are glad to be of Service.

Here is the Instructions on how to get and extract the files needed:

1.Install RoboHelp X5.

2.Install Patch X501 and X502 from the following link: http://www.adobe.com/support/robohelp/downloads.html

3.Download RoboHelp.exe and RoboHTML.exe and replace the installed versions with the downloaded versions.

4.The installed versions are in <Install Directory of X5>/RoboHELP/RoboHelp.exe
and <Install Directory of X5>/RoboHTML/RoboHTML.exe respectively.

5.You now will be able to run Adobe RoboHelp X5 without any activation.

Should You have any more Questions or inquiries Please feel free to call us at
1-800-833-6687 we are open 7 days a week( 5am to 7pm Pacific time).

I will be providing you with your customer ID and Transaction/Case number
as a reference. Please present this as you call so we can help you faster.
Also I will be closing this issue,should you wish to open this case just present
the case number that i provided you.

You may also log into our web portal thats www.adobe.com/go/supportportal

Customer ID  #128375960
Transaction/case # 202820490

Thank you for your continued support <QUOTE>

And like I said, I downloaded and installed the patches and after it was installed, it said it could not find Microsoft Word. So if you have any other solutions, I would be very grateful.

Ellen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you checked Peter Grainge's website? He's got detailed instructions about activating X5 at www.grainge.org

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep, have been communicating with him regarding this problem.

Thanks anyway,

Ellen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp