Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

No Trapping of Keystrokes in Recording

Aug 14, 2008 Aug 14, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am recording assessment and training simulations of a Flash-based application that include text entries; however, none of the keystrokes are recording. In the recording, I see it highlight the text I am deleting and getting ready to type over, but it never traps the typing in of the new text, nor does the recording show the text after I am finished typing. I tried using Print Screen to trap, tried clicking off-screen after typing, tried pressing Tab after typing, tried pressing Enter after typing… and so on - Nothing worked.

I have never seen this before, but I am guessing it has something to do with the fact that I am recording simulations of a Flash-based application. I have devised an incredibly ugly and time-consuming work-around, but it's so hideous I can't imagine putting my name on any of these.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
TOPICS
Recording

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 19, 2008 Aug 19, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
What is your goal with the movies you are making? Do you want to test people's knowledge of the entries or help them learn by making entries?

This may not help but can you go back to the Captivate project and insert your own Text Entry box? Most of the time I end up replacing the text that is captured anyway.

Reply if you need to know more.

Jeff

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources