Exit

stop on last slide with active buttons

New Here ,
Dec 20, 2009 Dec 20, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

Am still a beginner with Captivate...please help:

I've got 4 buttons set up on the last slide of Movie1, functioning as a simple menu, sort of.

First button goes to Movie 2, second button jumps to Movie 5, third button jumps to Movie 8, with a last WATCH ALL button starting from Movie 2 as well. All these movies are linked to each other (ie. movie 3 starts when movie 2 finishes).

How do I get the Movie1 to stop on the last slide, with all 4 buttons remaining active?

In my published exe, the buttons work if and only if I click on them before the project comes to a stop.

Thanks loads in advance!

TOPICS
Getting started

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Dec 20, 2009 Dec 20, 2009

Hi there

You need to ensure the Buttons have pausing enabled. (It's possible to turn it off)

Assuming they have pausing enabled, they should pause and wait for the user to click them before continuing. If pausing has been disabled, the playhead likely moved into the Inactive area of the button and it is no longer functioning.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

Captivate Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Adobe Certified Captivate Training

SorcerStone Blog

Captivate eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Dec 20, 2009 Dec 20, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

You need to ensure the Buttons have pausing enabled. (It's possible to turn it off)

Assuming they have pausing enabled, they should pause and wait for the user to click them before continuing. If pausing has been disabled, the playhead likely moved into the Inactive area of the button and it is no longer functioning.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

SorcerStone Blog

Captivate eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 21, 2009 Dec 21, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Rick.

Just as an aside, do you know if it's possible to revert the active/inactive order on a button? I'd a situation where 3 buttons appear one by one as the narration mentions corresponding content that the buttons link to.

So ideally it'd be great to have the buttons inactive first, then active as the narration comes to a close...any possibility that could be done?

Many, many thanks again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 22, 2009 Dec 22, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello again

While you can't really accomplish it with the Buttons as they stand, you can do something I did. Be creative! I inserted some "disabled" images of the buttons. Staged the images to be present when the Buttons could not be clicked. Then configured the Buttons to appear at the times when I wanted them to.

Here's a hint. If the Buttons are always in the same place, you may insert the "disabled" image on the first slide and configure it to display for the rest of the project.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

SorcerStone Blog

Captivate eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 22, 2009 Dec 22, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Haha! Great idea, can't believe I haven't though of that.

Thanks for your great advice Rick 😃

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources