• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RH8 + WinXP + Patches 01, 02 - Exclude one file from RH additions?

Dec 23, 2009 Dec 23, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am working on a WebHelp project providing end-user assistance for a Web-based application.  I have the output process set up so RH8 creates all of the files with the "Show Nav Pane / Hide Nav Pane" link in the upper right corner of each topic.  However, there is one special "What's New" topic that our manager wants without the "Show / Hide" link.  I've been editing this one by hand after each build but I got distracted yesterday and forgot to do it and the "What's New" got into the build with the "S / H" link.  No consequences so far but I am wondering if there is any way to "flag" this file so RH doesn't add the code to it?  Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No there isn't. You'll just have to remember to manually edit the file.

• Read the RoboColum(n) for a tips, tricks and musings on the Technical Communication Suite products.
  • Follow the RoboColum(n) on Twitter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there

In addition to what Colum said, you should consider filing a Wish Form to ask for some sort of functionality to be added that would allow us as RoboHelp authors to pick and choose which topics receive the navigation pane link.

Link is always in my sig.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7 or 8 within the day - $24.95!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp