• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Yet another too many activations

New Here ,
Dec 19, 2009 Dec 19, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Case Number 0181344587.  I've submitted a web case to fix my 'too many activations problems' but it seems that Jim Lester is the guru who can reset accounts.  Jim if you're there please reset my account.  The PRS 600 that I have bought is a Christmas present for my wife and it won't look very good if I give her a present that doesn't work!!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Deleted User
Dec 23, 2009 Dec 23, 2009

I reset your activation counts back to 6 each (for computers, and devices - such as the Sony Reader).  Just FYI the AdobeID you gave support was a gmail address, and the AdobeID you actually used to activate with, was from your personal domain.

(they are your email address so I don't want to be more specific on a public forum).

And yes I know that English isn't always the same language as American

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems that the engineering staff are now on vacation until the 4th Jan.  All that my web case has managed to achieve is for my case to be escalated to the correct team - that has taken 4 days. That means the present I am giving my wife will not work.  This is through no fault of mine.  I followed the install instructions to the letter, but nowhere did they say that the user Id for Adobe has to be the same as the user Id for Sony.  Because of this I have a shiny piece of hardware but without the books I have bought (favourites of my wife) on it.  Jim wrote this to someone in the same position "However, fortunately for you, I find it hard to play Grinch this time of year, so I've reset device activation count back to 6."  It is a pity that he didn't do the same for me.  I guess I'll have to wait until next year.  I wish I had bought the b****y thing

Happy Holidays everyone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually support can and does activation resets, and your case would have been fixed by support yesterday (12:30 GMT), but you didn't give the correct AdobeID - the one you are trying to authorize ADE with.  I would suggest that you try to activate again and then update the support case with the full and exact text of the error message (they should be contacting you today if they already haven't to get that information).  The last set of numbers in the error code is your account ID and that will be sufficient and unambiguous way of determining which account you are actually using.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Jim.  I thought I'd answered the question but it seems we talk different languages.  I have updated my web query with this information

E_ACT_TOO_MANY_ACTIVATIONS http://adeactivate.adobe.com/adept/Activate 56:56:6056 urn:uuid:d9957d58-7701-460a-84a4-1ef4d64599c5

I hope that helps.

I am very grateful for your assistance.  Disappointed kids are hard to bear on Christmas day - a disappointed wife is off the scale

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I reset your activation counts back to 6 each (for computers, and devices - such as the Sony Reader).  Just FYI the AdobeID you gave support was a gmail address, and the AdobeID you actually used to activate with, was from your personal domain.

(they are your email address so I don't want to be more specific on a public forum).

And yes I know that English isn't always the same language as American

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you Jim.  My wife will be happy and consequently so will I.  You could be in marriage guidance!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines