Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Getting Rid of a File created by RH8 - Patch 01, 02 - WinXP

Dec 23, 2009 Dec 23, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using RH8 to update a 300-topic Help for a Web application.  The project is named "AddLayers" (name changed to protect the guilty) so we have AddLayers.htm, AddLayers.css, AddLayers.xpj, etc.  Along the way, I wanted to do some testing so I moved the "AddLayers.htm" file to a safe spot and created a new project file named AddLayers_1.htm.  I did a couple of WebHelp builds and, at this point, I don't remember what I was trying to learn.  The AddLayers_1.htm is long gone from the source files but every time I do a WebHelp build, this file shows up in the WebHelp output.  Can anyone tell me where this file comes from and how it is created?  Also, how to I stop RH8 from creating it?  Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 23, 2009 Dec 23, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Either that is what you are specifying as the start page in the first page of the wizard or you are specifying a name that is also the name of a topic in the root of the project, likely the default topic. That means RH is being told by you to create a start page and a topic with the same name in the same folder. Windows does not permit that so RH appends _1.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

Follow me @petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp