• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Captivate F1 online help in tiny text too small to read

New Here ,
Aug 20, 2008 Aug 20, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having downloaded a Trial version of the Adobe Technical Communications Suite I found this problem affects all the components in one way or another.
In Captivate, the The Table of Contents pane displays fine, but the topic content is painfully small and hence illegible.
FrameMaker online help is the same but and although the tiny text looks very fuzzy I can just about guess at the words.
The same issue affects Adobe Reader 8 help files.
RoboHelp for HTML has the opposite problem - the topic text is perfectly legible but the Table of Contents list in the left-hand pane is very small and a bit of a struggle to read.
Has anyone come across this and found the solution?
TOPICS
Getting started

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Welcome to our community, Cecelia

Help normally displays using Browser components. If you have a mouse with a wheel in the center, perhaps click in the area where the tiny text appears, then press and hold the Control key on your keyboard while you rotate the wheel to make the text larger or smaller. You may also wish to try using Control key along with the Plus ( + ) or Minus ( - ) keys to adjust the text.

Hopefully this was helpful in some way... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Rick! We tried that but no joy (this problem has got my colleagues all beat too)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ouch! Yes I just realized that. Hmmm, sorry but about the only thing I might suggest would be to obtain a screen magnifier application for it. Either that or select all the text and paste it into an instance of Notepad or Word, where you may adjust the font to be larger.

You should also consider reporting this as a bug to the development team.

Click here to view the WishForm/Bug Reporting Form

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 26, 2008 Aug 26, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Rick, that's a great workaround! And thank you for the link to the bug report site too. Cheers, C.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources