• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Multiple projects, yet one flash file launched from browser

New Here ,
Dec 28, 2009 Dec 28, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone, I glad to be a part of this wonderful community.  I have a really sticky Captivate 4 problem, and I wanted to get my feelers out there now before I really need to get this done before the end of the week.  This question has to do with publishing.  I have 7 project files, and I created a "menu" slide at the end of each of them that look exactly the same.  In this particular slide, there are 7 'click boxes' spread throughout the page that launch all the other projects.  If you are wondering why I did this, it's because I'm trying to cut back on load time when a user click on any individual project.  Now, my programmer can only launch one .swf file from our webpage to get the first project started.  So, does this mean Captivate will dynamically handle launching all of the other projects(assuming multiple flash files are created) when they are launched from these "menu" slides?  I'm a bit confused.  I'm likely confusing some of you as well.  It is hard to put the problem into writing.  Please help!

TOPICS
Getting started

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Please read the Before You Post link so that you may learn the netiquette for posting.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, sorry.  I added this thread to three different groups.  I see one has already been deleted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, so lets look at the problem, shall we?

You created seven projects. But you later asked:

So, does this mean Captivate will dynamically handle launching all of the other projects (assuming multiple flash files are created) when they are launched from these "menu" slides?

First off, with seven different projects, you end up with seven different outputs. Assuming you are using Captivate in the basic form, you will end up with seven different SWF files and seven different HTM files that need to be factored into things. You may have more files than that, depending on your options used.

When you create the links using the Click Boxes, hopefully you used the option: Open other project. This means that when the user clicks, the other SWF/HTM or EXE (depending on output) will be launched.

I'm sure you will have other questions. So just post back either in threads of their own or by replying to this thread.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

Captivate Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Adobe Certified Captivate Training

SorcerStone Blog

Captivate eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"When you create the links using the Click Boxes, hopefully you used the option: Open other project. This means that when the user clicks, the other SWF/HTM or EXE (depending on output) will be launched."

Yes, I am opening all the other projects using "open other projects".  So, are you saying that as long as I throw all of the other .swf files(and other associated files) onto the parent folder of the server, Captivate handles launching all of the other .swf files automatically within the entire project?  I will give it a shot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi again

Well, Captivate doesn't do it as it's totally out of the picture at that point. Captivate created links that the Flash Player uses to handle the job.

But the answer is yes, all you should have to do is to ensure all the files can find one another. Usually it's simplest to ensure they are all inside the same folder. (The folder doesn't have to be the server root - The goal is to simply ensure they are in a folder together.)

If you find that this isn't working for some reason, you need to ensure you have installed the Service Release update to Captivate as it corrected a niggling little issue there.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

Captivate Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Adobe Certified Captivate Training

SorcerStone Blog

Captivate eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources