• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Printed Documents crash in RH6

New Here ,
Aug 19, 2008 Aug 19, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In RH 6 - opened a Printed Documentation layout. Set the settings to generate a Word document, create one book, retain hyperlinks, and use conditional text exclusions.

RH crashed while compiling at the updating stage with a message of "RoboHelp HTML Application has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience".

Deleted the loose files that had been copied to the SSL folder, deleted the Printed documentation layout, and recreated another one, with the same settings. Same problem occurred.

Checked the macro settings in Word to make sure Adobe was a trusted site. All OK.

Eventually started playing with my layout settings, and discovered that if in the Conditional Build Expression box, I select "None", the Word doc generates.

I need to use my Conditional Builds, anyone know why this might be causing RH to crash?

Thanks,

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 19, 2008 Aug 19, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Welcome to the forum.

I suspect you have a table with merged cells in the right hand column.

See Snippets on my site. There is a fix.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 21, 2008 Aug 21, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Peter,

The posted fix in your Snippet solved the problem.

Tannis

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 21, 2008 Aug 21, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Glad it helped.
Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp