• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

List / Bullet Styles in RH7

New Here ,
Aug 22, 2008 Aug 22, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've created a style sheet in my RH7 project to correctly format second, third, and so on level lists. Here's a portion:

UL {
list-style-type: disc;
}
UL UL {
list-style-type: circle;
}
UL UL UL {
list-style-type: square;

The problem is that RH7 automatically applies in-line styles to list elements, so my style sheet has no impact. I don't want to have to manually re-format every list I create; that's why I have the style sheet. Is there a trick or a setting to get RH7 to not assign styles to lists, so my styles from the stylesheet can work?

Thanks,
Tom

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 25, 2008 Aug 25, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you basing that on what you see in the editor, in preview or the compiled help?

Create a new project with one topic containing some lists. Edit the CSS. If that does not work, you can send that project to me via http://transferbigfiles.com.

Make sure you email me at the same time with a link to this thread.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 27, 2008 Aug 27, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Peter,

Sorry I didn't reply sooner - I didn't get the email alert, but just checked in on a whim. Thanks for your response.

This is a brand-new project - I didn't import any topics, and I've only created a few of my own. From the very beginning, every bulleted or numbered list I've created automatically adds inline style tags forcing either circle bullets or numeric numbers. So my CSS is useless unless there's a way to tell the system not to auto-add the inline styles on all lists. Does your version of RoboHelp not auto-create inline bullet styles?

-- Tom

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 28, 2008 Aug 28, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's what I get if I create a list clicking the bullet icon.

What is it you get and what is it that is not giving you what you want?

<ul style="list-style: disc;" type=disc>
<li class=p><p>one</p></li>
<li class=p><p>two</p></li>
<li class=p><p>three</p></li>
</ul>

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 29, 2008 Aug 29, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Peter,

I get the same thing as you - a bulleted list where the style is hard-coded as "disc". That's what I don't want. I just want a "ul" tag with nothing hard-coded, so that my style sheet can work behind the scenes to apply discs, circles, and squares automatically depending on level.

The way it is now, every time I create a multi-level bullet list, I have to manually change to circles or discs, and if I ever have to add, remove, or change indentation, it can throw everything off and force me to re-apply the type of bullet I want. If the style sheet were allowed to operate, I'd never have to worry about manually managing bullet or numbering styles in my lists.

Thanks for the followup, and I'm anxious to hear your thoughts.

-- Tom

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tom,

For what it's worth, Rick suggested editing the registry to resolve another issue where RH defaults were overriding the CSS. I opened my registry up, and there is the following key:

Default-Bullet-List-Style

..and guess what--it's set to "disc."

Maybe if you edit that key's value to be blank (if that's allowed--I don't venture into the registry much), your styles will be applied instead.

When you run regedit, you can find this key in HKEY_CURRENT_USER > Software > Adobe > RoboHelp > 7.00 > RoboEditor > Defaults.

--Ben

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By the way, all the usual disclaimers about editing the registry apply.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great suggestion! I looked in my registry, and for some reason, I didn't have the "Default-Bullet-List-Style" key. So I went ahead and added it, and put in a value of "" for it. When I reloaded RoboHelp and added a bulleted list, it didn't use a bullet at all! I checked the HTML, and here's what it did:

<ol style="list-style: ;">

So it freaked out a little. Not only did it put in a blank style, but it also chose <ol instead of <ul. I don't know if there's an overall key that can tell it to simply not add the style. In addition, I checked the HTML dom on the off-chance that there may be a "default" option I could use, but no dice.

Still, that's the closest I've come to "fixing" it - and I didn't even break the registry! Thanks for the advice, Ben.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tom

I will do some testing later as I thought I had this working as you want. However I would normally use a disc to start with so perhaps that is why I hadn't picked up on your problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Sorry Tom but without editing the code, I am not getting this to work. I will check an older version of RH later but that will not help you, I'm just curious.

Also I did not have that registry key either.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp