Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

COOL-ER: Can't get ADE to authorize or move epub books to device

Dec 28, 2009 Dec 28, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hope someone can help! Received a COOL-ER for Christmas and now, four days later, still cannot read any epub books on it. It's been a great paperweight. Here's the issue:

I successfully installed ADE and authorized my computer. I bought and downloaded an eBook. It's in the ADE library and I can read it on the PC just fine.

When I plug in my COOL-ER device and turn on ADE, it says: "A mobile device has been detected. To transfer protected items between your Digital Editions library and this device, both the device and the computer must be authorized with the same Adobe ID." When I click "Authorize Device," however, that's when I get error codes. First this:

_ADEPT_BAD_ELEMENT_VALUE http://adeactivate.adobe.com/adept/Activate fingerprint zAWMGGT5ccRkaA== urn:uuid:134e08a4-7059-4e59-a61a-4044a79991ff

And then this, when I "try again" and enter my Adobe ID and password:

Error communicating with AdobeID server. Please try again later.

E_AUTH_BAD_DEVICE_KEY

After reading this forum, I've went and checked my Firewall and as far as I can tell, Adobe.com is completely authorized. I don't know what to do. I want to ruse my COOL-ER! Please, Jim or somebody, can you help?

Thanks!

Andi

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's a firmware problem with the COOL-er you'll need to go through cooler tech support to solve it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Jim, that was my suspicion after reading all the forums. I've already e-mailed COOL-ER support and will post a response here when I hear back.

Andi

Sent: Monday, December 28, 2009 9:35 PM

Subject: Adobe Digital Editions COOL-ER: Can't get ADE to authorize or move epub books to device

It's a firmware problem with the COOL-er you'll need to go through cooler tech support to solve it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 31, 2009 Dec 31, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI - I talked to Cool-ER folks on Monday. They went online remotely to my computer with logmein123.com and determined that this problem lied with Adobe, not the Cool-ER. I have had to send all this info to Adobe and was told that I would hear back within 72 hours. Their at 68 hours now and no reply. I was told that this was not a firmware problem on the side of the reader. If you get further info please let us know and I'll do the same. There are many people out here that are having this problem. Thousands of us bought this reader through QVC and have had nothing but problems. Ugh!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 31, 2009 Dec 31, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks -- I appreciate the heads up! I'll post again if/when I hear from Cool-er. I think I'm ready to send this puppy back to them for a refund.

Sent: Thursday, December 31, 2009 11:21 PM

To: Dirty Sock Monster

Subject: COOL-ER: Can't get ADE to authorize or move epub books to device

HI - I talked to Cool-ER folks on Monday. They went online remotely to my computer with logmein123.com and determined that this problem lied with Adobe, not the Cool-ER. I have had to send all this info to Adobe and was told that I would hear back within 72 hours. Their at 68 hours now and no reply. I was told that this was not a firmware problem on the side of the reader. If you get further info please let us know and I'll do the same. There are many people out here that are having this problem. Thousands of us bought this reader through QVC and have had nothing but problems. Ugh!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 08, 2010 Jan 08, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem and did not get any answers from Adobe. I was however able to fix it by reinstalling ADE and doing a factory reset on my Cool-er. Everything is working fine now! (when I reinstalled ADE I did no loose any of the ebooks i had previously downloaded. I was able to get everything by re-registering it with my username and password.) Hope it works!

To do a factory reset:

1. press and hold menu button until the LED light blinks (left bottom

button)

2. press and hold the volume + button until the LED light blinks (right top

button)

3. press and hold the volume - button until the LED light blinks (right

Bottom button)

Display will confirm factory reset and then reboot, all you now need to do

is open ADE and reactivate and all should work. Good Luck! I know others have tried it and it was worked for them as well!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Very kind of you, but I've already sent the reader back and bought the Kindle. It seems to fit my needs, but I'm thrilled that you were able to get yours to work. I actually did try what you suggested and it never worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 10, 2010 Jan 10, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tiffany's response worked great for me.  The scenario is to uninstall ADE first, reset the Cooler then install ADE again.  Once done in this order it worked perfect.  Thanks for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, here's the update to my situation (I'm the original poster of this question).

The COOL-ER people have never responded to my request for technical support. I have since found out that hundreds of new COOL-ER owners have been experiencing this same problem. While some lucky few have figured it out and got it to work, many more have not.

Adobe technical support said I exceeded my activations. Jim Lester said it was a firmware problem. Who knows. Either way, it is a problem that should never have occurred and went way over and beyond my patience and understanding.

Therefore, I sent back my COOL-ER for a refund and bought a Kindle. Problem solved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 15, 2010 Jul 15, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

For me  too, I had the same problem, and was only followed the estruções  Tiffany's.
everything works fine, solving my problem. hugs ..

Brasil, SP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines