Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Robohelp HTML, JBoss: UTF-8 Problem

New Here ,
Dec 23, 2009 Dec 23, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

We use Robohelp 8 to create a web help for our JBOSS based project. Unfortunaltely, all files that robohelp creates use UTF-8, but the default of our JBOSS is ISO-8859-1.

So, if I open the help using Firefox in the web container I receive only "" and the encoding in the brower is set to ISO. IE8 can display the help in a correct way, I suppose this browser recognize the different character encoding.

The only thing that I can do to let it work in FF is to change the robohelp output html files and add this lines in each(!) htm file of the help

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">

To show the special characters in german like ä,ö,ü I have also to remove the charset in the <metatag> of the output files...

But every time I re-generate the output I have to redo this. Is there some possibility to change the character encoding in my robohelp source code? Unfortunaltely it seams impossible to change this things in masterfiles or robohelp pages in the UI

Has somebody a workaround?

Best regards

Stefan

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Dec 28, 2009 Dec 28, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Stefan. Yes, others have seen this problem - specifically with your ISO charset.

There isn't a fix in RoboHelp8. The solution appears to be to enable UTF-8 on your application server.

There are several posts about the problem on this forum:

http://forums.adobe.com/message/2095270#2095270

http://forums.adobe.com/message/961768#961768

These two seem most useful, but if you're really technical, you can search for ISO-8859-1 on the Adobe Forums. If you want just RoboHelp posts, enter  "ISO-8859-1 +RoboHelp".

HTH,

Elisa

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 29, 2009 Dec 29, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a file that will change the encoding in the output to pretty much whatever you want. It has to be run against each folder in the output. Contact me via my site for a copy.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

Follow me @petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 07, 2010 Jan 07, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello Elisa, hello Peter

Thank you for your replies. With Peters script I was able to solve the problem. I changed robohelps output charset to ISO 8859-1, witch is the standard charset used by JBOSS. Now all works fine=)

Best regards

Stefan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp