• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adding call-outs to an image used in RoboHelp 8?

Dec 23, 2009 Dec 23, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like to be able to add call-outs (arrow pointing to something on an image with caption by the arrow) to an image that I will use in RoboHelp HTML 8.

I had some that were previously done in Photoshop and saved as .jpg images - but they are not importing correctly into RoboHelp (I only see a small box following import).  I have also tried opening and re-saving those images (created on a Mac) in Windows and re-saving them - but still no use.

What type of process do I need to follow in order to do this?

Thanks!

Patti

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 24, 2009 Dec 24, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have found that you cannot use callouts that are separate from the image itself and have it import correctly. We use Snag-It (or other image editing software) to add those callouts so it is a single image. Those import just fine whether we import a Word doc that has those images embedded or if we import the image directly into RoboHelp. We often receive Word docs that have images with separate callouts. We pull the base image into Snag-it and add the callouts and then use that image in RoboHelp. It's seamless.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 28, 2009 Dec 28, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Patti,

I agree with Collete and I alsoi use Snagit to add image callouts although any imaging software what will "flatten" the image to single leayer will work.

Note also that if you use Adobe Photoshop, you must flatten the layers there before importing the image to make sure that your backgroud imports correctly

Ciao

Ed

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 29, 2009 Dec 29, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ah ha!  Flattening the image is most likely the trick to using the ones I have had colleagues edit in Photoshop.  Thanks!!

Patti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp