• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

can I add time gaps between closed caption text?

New Here ,
Dec 29, 2009 Dec 29, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

can I include time gaps between two sets of text in closed caption?

I hope I am clear.

E.g. I want one sentence from 5 to 10 seconds of slide.

Then I want to have silent for 20 seconds.

And then I want another sentence that starts from 21 seconds.

If its not possible in closed caption, is there any other way to achieve this?

Thanks

Ravi

TOPICS
Recording

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not sure whether it can or cannot be done within Closed Captioning per se - but if not, you could always use Captions. Then you can dictate when they appear and for how long - along with where they appear on the screen, color, size, font, etc. May actually give you more flexibility.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

its prompt and good answer !! Appreciate !!

lemme try that way and I will keep you posted !!

can you tell me step by step how to do that pls? I am relatively novice, I am a business analyst and have been given this work 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

This is simple. Just add a caption to your Closed Captioning that contains a space. Time it for the gap you wish to have.

I just tested and it seems to work dandy here.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

Captivate Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Adobe Certified Captivate Training

SorcerStone Blog

Captivate eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Lucky you!!! 🙂

OK, here goes. Let's start out under the assumption that whatever graphic/image/etc. that you are using for the slide is already there:

1) On the left side of your screen, there is a vertical column of icons. The very top one is green, and looks like the balloon one sees in a comic strip when a character is speaking. This is the Caption icon. Hit it.

2) A window pops up, asking you for the text - along with several other options - i.e., font style, size, color, etc. If you do NOT want a border around the caption in the finished slide, choose TRANSPARENT in the Caption Type field

3) Once you type in the text and choose your font size, etc. - go to the Options tab within the same window. Here is where you can dictate when the caption should appear, and for how long. Of course, this can also be done via the timeline for the slide.

4) Under the Size and Position tab, you can dictate (obviously) the size and position of the caption. Don't worry about the position in pixels - you can also slide the caption around (a la drag-and-drop) once you leave this window. Hit OK - and you're done!

If you need to change these settings after you are done defining them, simply double-click on the Caption element appearing in your slide timeline (at the bottom of the screen - you may need to expand the window if the timeline is not already displayed) and this will re-open the settings window.

Hope that helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources