• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't 'Browse' Templates on Remote Server Using CF Builder

Explorer ,
Dec 23, 2009 Dec 23, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I admit I am a Homesite guy but I'm really trying to give CF Builder a fair shake. Unfortunately, I can't even get off the ground with it. I have tried every combination of settings I can think of but I cannot 'Browse' (in Homesite lingo) a CF template with IE or Firefox from within builder.

My CF8 server is another machine on my network. Builder is talking to it - I can use the services browser and such. Just can't browse (preview) my web pages. In Homesite my mappings look like this:

Homesite Path: N:\inetpub\wwwroot

Server path: C:\inetpub\wwwroot

Browser path: http://web1/

ColdFusion is installed in C:\coldfusion8 on the server, which would be N:\coldfusion8 on my workstation. Not sure if that matters or not since Homesite doesn't care...

Using IIS. Port 80

How can I translate this into Builder? This can't be that hard but I've been beating my head against the wall!

Thanks!

TOPICS
Builder

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Dec 29, 2009 Dec 29, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not sure what the fix is but let me give it a try here for you. (Making sure edit works with questions 1,2,3)

1. What version of ColdFusion Builder are you running. Are you sure you are running Beta 3?

2. Can you access these files from your explorer window?

3. Are you using RDS to connect to these files or the file system? (should be able to do both but that might be helpful to know which is failing.)

4. Now the final question... by browse you might have a different issue. What version of CF server are you running? This might not be the issue but again could be if you are running developer version. If not an issue let me know and will try to hook up with you via connect to do an online screen share and help you out here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes to 1, 2, and 3.

Running CF8 Enterprise edition. Also tried building a test machine with CF9 Developer and can't 'browse' that remotely either. I had a bit of success installing Builder directly on it and browsing locally, but couldn't browse anything that wasn't sitting directly in the root.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And the answers to question 4?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

4) Running CF8 Enterprise edition. Also tried building a test machine with CF9 Developer and can't 'browse' that remotely either. I had a bit of success installing Builder directly on it and browsing locally, but couldn't browse anything that wasn't sitting directly in the root.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is definitely a feature to get ironed out before it goes live. I know the this has been mentioned before and was on a list. (I mentioned a similar issue so underderstand.)

Right now we have to browse via a different window.

(Of course if you are using a framework, coding a CFC or many things like that you often have to do this.)

I will put some thought into this and see if it can be replicated to submit a bug. Have you submitted a bug on this? If you have I would be glad to vote on it for you.    

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It hadn't dawned on me to report it as a bug. I figured user error and bad documentation.

I've reported it as a bug now so if you'd care to vote that would be great.

It's a deal breaker for me. In Homesite I code/test, code/test, code/test about 6 million times a minute. Losing that ability is a productivity killer for me.

Thanks for the input!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have the bug number?    

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Voted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

P.S.

Don't forget they will be coming back next week after being off 2 weeks.

I expect this one will be fixed. So in your case this should be a deal maker. I used to be a hard regular user of CFStudio. (The pre-homesite solution.) Understand why you like the tool because I used to build VTMs and more. Loved the tool. It is very exciting to see what they are doing in this IDE we have been waiting for all these years. They have a full support vote from me so far. Nothing compares with it's features... but being a 1.0 product we have to do what you did and file issues. That is great to see you jump in and do that. Kudos.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 30, 2009 Dec 30, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

Thanks for logging the bug.

We will check the reproducibility and get back on this one.

Thanks!

Bhakti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation