• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Intermittent Could not generate stub objects for web service invocation errors

Dec 29, 2009 Dec 29, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm hoping someone can point me in the right direction...We are running Coldfusion 8 and keep getting the stub objects errors intermittently.  The web service will work for a while then it will just stop working for while, then it will start back working again.  There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to it, and we're not doing anything to the server in the meantime.  I don't even know how to begin to diagnose the problem.  Has anyone ever seen this or have any ideas of some things we can check?

Thanks!

Holli

TOPICS
Advanced techniques

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 30, 2009 Dec 30, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could we see the error message, and the section of code it refers to?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's a load-balanced environment and we've turned the bad server off for now.  Also, I was wrong.  We're running CF7. I'm getting my environments mixed up. Sorry about that. You can still get to the service on the good server though. This is the link: http://www.asthmaagents.com/services/init.cfc?WSDL  After I posted this, we were able to get a little more info.  When I went directly to the service using that link, we got this error message off and on when we would refresh the browser:

AXIS error

Sorry, something seems to have gone wrong... here are the details:

Fault - Error attempting to create Java skeleton for CFC web service; nested exception is:
    coldfusion.xml.rpc.CFCInvocationException: [java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError : cfinit2ecfc338058839$funcRECORDSESSION]

AxisFault
faultCode: {http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/}Server.generalException
faultSubcode:
faultString: Error attempting to create Java skeleton for CFC web service; nested exception is:
    coldfusion.xml.rpc.CFCInvocationException: [java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError : cfinit2ecfc338058839$funcRECORDSESSION]
faultActor:
faultNode:
faultDetail:
    {http://xml.apache.org/axis/}hostname:corpinternet1g

Still, nothing is consistent and it's working fine on the other server.  I'm at a loss.  I really appreciate you taking a look at this! Any info will be helpful.

Thanks!

Holli

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your WSDL says your Coldfusion version has build number 7,0,0,91690. This implies you've added little in the way of hotfixes or updates for CFMX7.

I remember there were a lot of hotfixes and updates after MX7 was released, some of them critical. In particular, some involved web services. See, for example, ColdFusion MX 7 Cumulative Hot Fix 3 and ColdFusion MX 7.0.1 Cumulative Hot Fix 2

I would upgrade to MX 7.0.2 and apply the relevant hotfixes. MX 7.0.2 is generally known to be the most stable, most robust build of MX 7.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! I'll let the server guys know they need to update the servers and see if that fixes it. Thanks again for taking a look!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No thanks. Let us know if an update fixes it. Good luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation