• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RH8 - Can you set a Style Sheet for Images?

Dec 29, 2009 Dec 29, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wondering if there is a way to set a style sheet for images in RoboHelp8.

It is tedious to go through and size, margin, border every image I use - I want them to have consistent sizes.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

With RoboHelp 8 you have scripting available. I don't have it open at the moment, but I believe one of the included scripts allows this. You might wish to investigate by clicking View > Pods > Script Explorer. In the list of Sample Scripts you should find should be a script named Image Resizer.jsx.

I believe you may edit this script to configure the size of your images as you desire.

Personally, I'd never do that because you will likely discover the quality of the images will suffer as a result. But to each his/her own! Maybe you will be happy with the outcome.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7 or 8 within the day - $24.95!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The resizer script is not in the released product as the logic was a bit iffy. It resized all images in the project to one size!

However, you can find a script in this thread. http://forums.adobe.com/message/2364220

Do read the thread first and take a backup of your project before you run the script.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

Follow me @petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The way I read the thread the script removes all size settings so the image displays at 100%. If that is what you want, then it should be OK but I have not tried it so proceed with caution, in other words, only after backing up.

It also indicates that a size can be set but I guess that would be one size for all.

Follow me @petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks!  That's scary.  I think I'll skip running that right now as I'm on a

deadline!

patti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 30, 2009 Dec 30, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

On a second read, the script as is removes the size settings. The ability to set the images to a specific size is something that apparently could be added. However, I see no value in that unless you can select the image(s) to which the size settings apply.

You could try it on a copy of your project.

Follow me @petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp