• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

cfexchangecalendar items created by Entourage

New Here ,
Aug 20, 2008 Aug 20, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm noticing an odd problem with cfexchangecalendar queries against an Exchange 2007 environment. Calendar items originally created in the Mac Entourage mail client show up with the string "calendar item" as the subject in cfexchangecalendar queries.

Here's the scenario:
A user creates a calendar item in their Exchange 2007 calendar using Entourage

Our CF8 application accesses the Exchange calendar using cfexchangecalendar action="get"

The returned query shows the string "calendar item" in the subject column for items created in Entourage instead of the subject entered by the user in Entourage. The HTMLMESSAGE column message includes the correct user input subject inside the title tags.

Outlook Web Access and Outlook clients show the correct subject as input by the user and no sign of the "calendar item" string.

I'm not sure if something weird happens in the translation between Exchange and ColdFusion, or if Entourage is creating invalid calendar items and the other clients are just more forgiving.

Has anyone else seen this problem? Is it a ColdFusion bug?
TOPICS
Advanced techniques

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Dec 03, 2008 Dec 03, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the exact same problem and haven't been able to find any reason as to why either...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 03, 2008 Dec 03, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
I ended up opening a support ticket for this one with Adobe. In the end they confirmed that it is a bug and should be patched at some point. I'm not sure when to expect a patch though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation