Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How does adobe count activations?

Dec 30, 2009 Dec 30, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How does adobe count the computer activations for this product.  I have activated 2 computers, deactivated 2 computers and then tried to activate another, only to be told that I have too many activations.  I've tried to used my new Sony reader and was told by Sony that is was an adobe issue.  I talked to adobe to be told it was a computer issue.  I have a new Christmas gift that is totally unuseable!  Some one should be able to figure this out!

Please give me some help here!  It was a very expensive gift to just have sitting around.  I should have got the KINDLE!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Deleted User

You should only need to remove the authorization if:

- You are giving up the computer

or

- You have decidied to use a different AdobeID (and give up the books the associated with the old AdobeID).

It's the last one that may be causing you a problem as the Sony software

I'm assuming at this point that you have submtted a web support case ( http://www.adobe.com/support/digitaleditions  click on "Submit a web case")

Resetting the activation count is a relatively straightforward request, that our support

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Deactivation does not increase your activation count.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Then why do we bother deactivating?  I have three computers right now that adobe will not authorize and NO authorized computers to run the program on.  I am confused as to how this all works.  I have had my sony reader for a less than a week and can't use it anywhere?  What do I have to do?

Thanks for responding Jim.  🙂  No one is helping me at all with this..... Sony blames adobe, adobe blames the computer and I am having no luck. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should only need to remove the authorization if:

- You are giving up the computer

or

- You have decidied to use a different AdobeID (and give up the books the associated with the old AdobeID).

It's the last one that may be causing you a problem as the Sony software

I'm assuming at this point that you have submtted a web support case ( http://www.adobe.com/support/digitaleditions  click on "Submit a web case")

Resetting the activation count is a relatively straightforward request, that our support team can take care of, and that should get it so that you can reactivate the computers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Jim,  you must be tired of answering these questions.  Adobe will probably come up with a solution soon, but in the mean time we are left out in the cold.  They should follow I tunes lead... with deactivations counting towards the total

Yes I have submitted a webcase.. Case #0181359205. following one of your other response links.  I know that when I had problems loading Adobe Digital editions, I authorized and reauthorized the computer a couple of times... that probalby adds up to 6 but there is no prewarning on the software about doing this.  I 'm sure that I wouldn't have done that if I knew.  I am just totally frustrated with the whole thing.

Thanks again for your response\

Jan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines