• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Free sample book downloads - How do I get them into my reader?

New Here ,
Dec 29, 2009 Dec 29, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, All

I have just installed Adobe Digital Editions on my computer, running Vista. I tried to download 3 of their free samples. One, the first chapter of a book, downloaded immediately into Adobe Digital Editions and showed up on my bookshelf.

The other two, (books by Arthur C. Clarke and Philip K. Dick) did not show up in my Adobe Digital Editions bookshelf, no matter how many times I downloaded them. I found them in my recent downloads file, but could not open them from there, either, as they had a strange extension (not .pdf, but something else).

I've tried everything within my meagre capabilities and am becoming frustrated. Can anyone help?

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Deleted User
Dec 30, 2009 Dec 30, 2009

double clicking on the .acsm file (which is sort of a claim check for the books, but not the books themselves) should start

Digital Editions, and complete the process.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

double clicking on the .acsm file (which is sort of a claim check for the books, but not the books themselves) should start

Digital Editions, and complete the process.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jim,

Thank you very much for your quick response. However, I tried double clicking on the .acsm file but the book did not appear on the Adobe Digital Editions bookshelf or in any of the files.Do you have any other tips?

The sample chapter that did appear on my bookshelf (from another book) appeared instantly when I selected it, so I don't even know if that one was a .acsm file or something else.

Thank you!

Maureen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi again, Jim

I found out that your tip (double clicking) does work for my computer, if I close Adobe Digital Editions. Not sure why that makes a difference, but it does. At least, I've managed to put a book on the shelf now!

Thank you very much!

Maureen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines