Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Objects to show at different times on a slide not showing up

New Here ,
Dec 29, 2009 Dec 29, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi  Everyone,

I hope this problem is minor and that I’m just missing a small step but here it goes…

I’m using Captivate 4 and I’ve only been using it on one particular computer. I updated a captivate project that I’ve been working on since September and I’ve finished all the edits (added a picture, changed a few words) as requested by colleauges when all of a sudden, some objects that were suppose to show at different times on the slide were not showing up at all. The frustrating part is I actually finished the project! When I do a preview within the edit view, the objects appear as it should, however, when I publish it or do a preview on wepage, the objects are not appearing at all (ie a word at 10 sec, another at 20 sec). Anway, there were only 3 slides acting like this, all with objects are suppose to show up at different times on the slide (these were not the slides that I recently edited). My video works fine, my quiz works fine, and I’ve uploaded an initial version of my work on a Pathlore LMS with no problems (publish specs: flash 8, AS2).

I have several other projects that are less complicated (ie no video, no objects showing at different times within the slide) and they are OK. I’ve checked on other computers and same problem.

I tried deleting the slides, and redoing it again within the same project but still wont work I tried copying everthing on a new project with the same size with no luck.

I tried making a 2 slide project with objects showing up at different times and it works.

Is my project corrupted in some way? What are the possible culprits for this problem?

I really hope I don’t have to start from scratch…

Thanks in advance!

TOPICS
Import export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

While it's certainly possible that the project has somehow become corrupt, you might find that simply closing and restarting Captivate changes things.

Have you tried that? I've seen it where bits and pieces are suddenly missing. After I restarted, things were just fine again.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

Captivate Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Adobe Certified Captivate Training

SorcerStone Blog

Captivate eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rick,

Thanks for the speedy reply!

Yes, I've restarted captivate,and also my computer, uninstalled and installed flash player 10 (default on company computer) and had our IT person look into it but no luck so far.

Just another info if it helps, these objects are just captions and pictures and animations from the adobe library.

Are there any other options to try and fix it? Would uninstalling and re installing Captivate or working on a different comptuter on a diff captivate copy?  It just seems so futile starting from scratch given that only three slides are not working.

My only work around so far is to just have everything show up at the same time, then it works, but the emphasis of the topic is now somewhat lessened and is not as dramatic (since the other options looked much nicer).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Can you upload one of the problem projects for all of us to see?

Maybe the issue is one of simple timing.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

Captivate Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Adobe Certified Captivate Training

SorcerStone Blog

Captivate eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 31, 2009 Dec 31, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I thought I'd post the answer to this one from my PM with Captiv8r

"Hi again

I just looked at the project. You have a button on there that is pausing the slide too soon. You need to edit the button so it pauses at perhaps 22 seconds or so. Just double-click the button and click the Options tab and configure the Pause After.

Cheers... Rick "

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources