Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"No Valid Licence for this Book"

New Here ,
Dec 31, 2009 Dec 31, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've authorised my computer and my ereader (Elonex) and

have transferred over the ebooks in the correct way, but when I try to read them on the ereader it states "No valid licence for book

". I therefore can't access anything on there that I have just paid for...does anyone know what this means and what needs to be done

- searched forums and FAQ's on sites for both Adobe and Elonex and nothing.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 10, 2010 Jan 10, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi RubyDoo I also have an Elonex and am getting the same error. Did you ever get this resolved?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 11, 2010 Jan 11, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No...I phoned the elonex helpline who gave me a reference number but never called me back. I took the elonex back and got a sony instead - no problems with that one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 29, 2010 Jan 29, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rubydoo, Have the same problem myself, although the first book I bought

from Waterstones downloaded ok and I was able to read it on the ereader. I

have contacted Waterstones, Elonex and Adobe. Elonex said it was a problem with Adobe Digital Editions. When I contacted Adobe it was a nightmare! After speaking to someone for 15 minutes I was finally put through to a technical advisor and only had time to say hello before I was cut off!! So I am still no nearer solving the problem. If you have any luck then let me know. Free ebooks seem to be ok.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 30, 2010 Jan 30, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To be honest, I took it back and exchanged it for a Sony reader as no-one seemed particularly interested in sorting out the problem - Elonex never even phoned me back when I called and reported the problem!! Never had a problem with the Sony reader - may be slightly more expensive but it's worth it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi I was able to solve this by downloading the firmware update from the Elonex website. http://www.elonex.com/support/products/ebook/511_eBook.shtm

Can read all my ebooks fine now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi and thanks for your reply. I already did this and it still didn`t work. Now I have too many activations I have contacted Adobe through the web portal so hope they get back to me soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Sep 16, 2010 Sep 16, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am having the same problem with my elonex 511tEB. Did you manage to get yours sorted out and can you please tell me how  to do it.

I would be very grateful if you could help me as i am puzzled with it all.

My email add is : aileenbuckley35@hotmail.co.uk

Regards

Aileen Buckley

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines