• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cfimage and jpeg issue

New Here ,
Jan 01, 2010 Jan 01, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a serious issue with cfimage... i trying to resize some jpegs.. most of them resizing is a sucess... but in some cases the resizing returns a
error "Unsupported Image Type" although IT IS a jpeg.. i read about CYMK or pjepg or sth like that... does anyone solved this "bug"?

Error Message:

An exception occurred while trying to read the
image.

Unsupported Image Type

Stack Trace
at
cfempcp_prod_add_action2ecfm1551070444.runPage(C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\lifet\Admin\empcp_prod_add_action.cfm:151)

coldfusion.image.ImageReader$ImageReadingException: An exception occurred while trying to read the image.     at
coldfusion.image.ImageReader.readJPEGImage(ImageReader.java:173)
     at
coldfusion.image.ImageReader.readImage(ImageReader.java:96)
     at
coldfusion.image.Image.<init>(Image.java:226)
     at
coldfusion.tagext.io.ImageTag.doStartTag(ImageTag.java:414)
     at
coldfusion.runtime.CfJspPage._emptyTcfTag(CfJspPage.java:2661)

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jan 01, 2010 Jan 01, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Zero_Sequence,

Can you please use isImage()/isImageFile() first, to ensure it is a valid CF image.

isImage(): http://help.adobe.com/en_US/ColdFusion/9.0/CFMLRef/WSc3ff6d0ea77859461172e0811cbec22c24-797b.html

isImageFile(): http://help.adobe.com/en_US/ColdFusion/9.0/CFMLRef/WSc3ff6d0ea77859461172e0811cbec22c24-7978.html

Thanks!,

-Aaron Neff

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 02, 2010 Jan 02, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi itisdesign,

actually that is the issue.

Although it is a jpeg file isimage returns false.. the weird part this that ie does not display it right.. is shows only the X like when the pic file is missing..

Is there a work around for this problem? i tried to convert it into bmp and then back to jpeg but with no luck..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Although it is a jpeg file isimage returns false.. the weird part this that ie does not display it right.. is shows only the X like when the pic file is missing...

Hang on... so even IE doesn't think it's a JPG?  Does Firefox?

What makes you think it's a JPG?

What image manipulation software are you using to convert it to/froma JPG?

--

Adam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 03, 2010 Jan 03, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, i actually can view it using all kind of pic viewers(including firefox and chrome).... so i quess it is not a corrupted file.. also it has a .jpeg so i quess its a jpeg...

The weird part its that a company provided me a cd with pictures of their products.... and some of them return false in the isimage function....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it has a .jpeg

Do you still get an error when you save the file as .jpg?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeap...no change...

but when i open it and save for web with photoshop the file is recognized as a picture file from coldfusion function!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Jan 04, 2010 Jan 04, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Check if this workaround can help you.

http://www.oscararevalo.com/index.cfm/2008/1/26/CFImage-and-PJPEG-Images

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 05, 2010 Jan 05, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So did that article work for you? I've run into this before and the solution presented in that blog entry seems reasonable enough.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 05, 2010 Jan 05, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes i already tried that solution without any good..

i attach one of the files...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 19, 2010 Jan 19, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi to all,

has anyone figured this out?

Thank you, for your time

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1) Raise a bug with Adobe: http://cfbugs.adobe.com/cfbugreport/flexbugui/cfbugtracker/main.html (and provide a link back to the bug here);

2) resave the files giving an error using some image-editing software, and reprocess them.  I just used GIMP to resave your file, and it processed fine after that.

--

Adam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The whole point is to save the time to reprocess the image file...

Actually i dont know if this is really a coldfusion bug or some damaged frame of the image?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, sure, I realise that.  However you seem short on options, so I think it's time you raised it with Adobe.  And if you need to get moving with your project, I think the time's come to think of alternative approaches.

I dunno if it's a bug or just a shortfall either, but if other image-editing software can handle your file, there's no reason we should not expect CF to do so too.  So by bringing this exceptional case to Adobe's attention, they might be able to do something about it.

One problem with my suggestion to raise it on the bug tracker is that one cannot attach files!  I recommend including a link back to this thread where your attachment is.

--

Adam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The photo attached named SL7006-0417.jpg is of type CMYK.  ColdFusion uses java to process images and java isn't able to handle the cmyk format.  You must open in photoshop or some other program and save as RGB.

I have seen this issue come up a number of times and typically it is because:

1. The image is cmyk (for print) not rgb (for screen/web).  Save as RGB
  2. Someone renamed a file to .jpg (or .gif).  Thinking that if htey renamed .eps to .jpg it makes it a jpg.  Many programs are smart enough to figure this out and show it anyway.  So just opening in FF or some other program isn't a good indication that it really is a jpeg file.
  3. Image is actually corrupt.  Perhaps it didn't ftp all the way or some other issue caused the image to be damaged.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 21, 2012 Jul 21, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Was there ever a fix for it? We have the same issue and it started all of a sudden out of the blue. Using CF 9.01 CFIMAGE seem to just stop working. We resturted the CF Server - even the box with no change

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 04, 2010 Jan 04, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, i actually can view it using all kind of pic viewers(including firefox and chrome).... so i quess it is not a corrupted file..

Well yes and no.  The internal file structure of a JPG consists of a number of "frames" (not in the video sense of that word, but a data structure sense), and it's entirely likely an invalid or corrupted frame could have gotten into the mix some how, and the JPG will still be "valid" provided the frame offset info is correct.  Some apps might ignore buggered-up frames, some might not.

also it has a .jpeg so i quess its a jpeg...

Well you could rename it to have a .png extension.  That doesn't make it a PNG, that just means it's got the wrong file extension. 😉

Can you attach one of these files here so I/we can test some code out on it?

--

Adam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First test.

<cfset isAnImageFile = false>
<cfset isAnImage = false>
<cfif IsImageFile("relative_path_to_image_file")>
    <cfset isAnImageFile = true>
    <cfset img = imageNew("relative_path_to_image_file")>   
    <cfif isImage("img")>
        <cfset isAnImage = true>
        <cfimage action="writeToBrowser" source="#img#">
    </cfif>
</cfif>
<p>
Is an image file: <cfoutput>#isAnImageFile#</cfoutput><br>
Is an image: <cfoutput>#isAnImage#</cfoutput>
</p>

Second test:

Can you open the file with an image viewer. An image viewer like IrfanView is quite tolerant. If it fails, the file is most likely corrupt or not an image file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation