• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Re : Highlight Search rsults in RoboHelp 7 (webHelp)

New Here ,
Mar 19, 2008 Mar 19, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello there,

How are you ? I am a newbie at using Robohelp. Our company just purchsed Robohelp licenses and I was trying to pickup this tool. I could create the html help file with TOC and Index. Search works great but what's baffling me is that the Search results don't highlight the search word.

I tried to Google it but it brought that you had to right some JS to highlight and add it to ALL help pages onload(). But , it said that V7 had these feature out of the box...I tried looking but couldn't find it .

Can someone please help me with this. Thanks in advance.

- Sam

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sam and welcome to our community

If you are creating WebHelp output, try creating this way.

Click View > Pods > Single Source Layouts
Double-click the WebHelp layout
Click the Next > button at the bottom of the dialog
On the second screen of the dialog should be the option for Search Highlighting.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Rick,

How are you ? Thaks for your quick response. Appreciate it. I am obviously missing something!! Yes, I am using WebHelp Single Source Primary layout output.

However, as you suggested when I click on View I don't see Pods .

• Moreover, I double clicked on the WebHelp layout (In project Tab, Under Dependencies Folder icon)
  • Click the Next > button at the bottom of the dialog

But that didn't bring me the option for Search highlighting!!!! Instead, I am seeing option to make output 508 / W3C compliant. I am using Robohelp 7.0 Build 145 . Also, I am currently on trial version , yet, to receive the license keys from Sales guy. You think that could be it ? I wanted to attach the snapshot of what I am seeing( didn't find option in forum) where I am suppose to see Search highlight option .

Thanks again,

Sam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 20, 2008 Mar 20, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sam

Is this by chance RoboHelp for Word? What do you see when you click Help > About?

If it's RoboHelp for Word, I'm afraid I won't be able to help here. I pretty much stick to RoboHelp HTML. And I would strongly encourage you to use it. Particularly if you are creating any type of HTML output. Otherwise, you are likely to find yourself quite often frustrated with lack of control and ability with things that are quite simple using RoboHelp HTML.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 20, 2008 Mar 20, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Hello Rick,

Thanks for the response. Yes, you are correct , I am using RoboHelp for Word, thanks poiting me into right direction. I will give a shot at RoboHelp for HTML now. I was of the opinion that since I am consuming my TOC straight from the Word document , I should use RoboHelp for Word.

Thanks again for your help, I will keep you posted.

Good day,

Sam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp