• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CFIMAGE not working when there is a . in the file path?

Contributor ,
Jan 02, 2010 Jan 02, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I’m trying to use CFIMAGE for the first time and running into an issue. I am guess it is because my path has a period in it but I am not sure and I am not sure how to get around it if that is indeed the problem.

I’m using ExpandPath to get the directory path but I have tried it other way with the same result. The path is

C:\Websites\mywebsite.com\www\images

I’m just trying to take a file in the C:\Websites\mywebsite.com\www\images\temp directory and resize it then rename it to the memberid with 300 on the end and save it to this directory C:\Websites\mywebsite.com\www\images\members

<cfimage

action = "resize"

height = ""

source = "#ExpandPath("..\images")#\temp\#TempFileName#"

width = "300"

optional

destination = "#ExpandPath("..\images")#\members\"

name = "#ARGUMENTS.MemberID#300"

format = "jpg"

overwrite = "yes">

I keep getting the folowing error.

The com\www\images\members\ image format is not supported on this operating system.

Any ideas?

TOPICS
Advanced techniques

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Valorous Hero , Jan 02, 2010 Jan 02, 2010

I am guess it is because my path has a period in it

I have no problems using a path with a "." in it. It is more likely that your path is not valid. Output the source path you are attempting to use. Is it valid? Using FileExists(), does that file actually exist?

#ExpandPath("..\images")#\temp\#TempFileName#

<cfimage

optional

destination =

"#ExpandPath("..\images")#\members\"

Did you intend to use both destination and name? (I am guessing

Votes

Translate

Translate
Valorous Hero ,
Jan 02, 2010 Jan 02, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am guess it is because my path has a period in it

I have no problems using a path with a "." in it. It is more likely that your path is not valid. Output the source path you are attempting to use. Is it valid? Using FileExists(), does that file actually exist?

#ExpandPath("..\images")#\temp\#TempFileName#

<cfimage

optional

destination =

"#ExpandPath("..\images")#\members\"

Did you intend to use both destination and name? (I am guessing the "optional" is a typo since it is not an attribute of cfimage).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jan 03, 2010 Jan 03, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried all the FileExists and everything and in the end it was the fact that I ahd both destination and name being used at the same time.

Which really stinks because all I did was copy and paste from Adobe's example. Thanks for the help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

was the fact that I ahd both destination and name being used

at the same time.

Using both "destination" and "name" works fine for me on windows. Though as I said, it is usually more common to use one or the other (not both).

all I did was copy and paste

from Adobe's example.

Given the fact that your code contained the word "optional", you may have inadvertently copied a usage/syntax description rather an actual code example. Most of the descriptions contain the word "optional" to separate the mandatory and optional attributes. They are just descriptions not working code. Look for the actual code examples further down in the page (usually in a mono-font like courier).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The operating system apparently thinks the dot before com means a file extention. What if you use single quotes instead, like this,

"#expandPath('..\images')#\temp\#TempFileName#"

If that fails, then perform the next experiment. What happens when you spell it out, like this

"C:\Websites\mywebsite.com\www\images\temp\#TempFileName#"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation