Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

WebHelp

New Here ,
Mar 18, 2008 Mar 18, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI all,

I am completly new to RoboHelp . I have help system for my company which i want to upgrade using Robohelp. So i imported the help files in html format and then tried to generate the primary layout but it doesnt open the existing table of contents . I want it to use the toc of my help system. I have used HDK to bulit the help system, which gives me an option to build the help system in HTML format useful for robohelp. When building in robohelp it doesnt use the toc that i have imported into the project . Can anyone please help me ?

Thank you

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 19, 2008 Mar 19, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi sindujasundara and welcome to the RH community.

Can you tell us what your primary layout is (e.g. Microsoft HTML Help, Webhelp) as this information is critical to solving your problem. Also can you tell us what does appear in the TOC? Does anything appear or something you weren't expecting? Did you generate a TOC? If so, how? Finally can you tell us what version of RoboHelp you are using.

Sorry for all the questions

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry. I just reread the title of your post. You are producing Webhelp as your primary layout. One further question then. Are you looking at the generated output or the published output. Both can be different. The generated output is the compiled output. The published output is the output published to the "live" location from where your users can access it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To avoid confusion I would not refer to the generated output as being the compiled output. Only HTML help in a CHM file is compiled.

WebHelp starts with source files and an output is then generated locally. It can optionally then be published by the author to a server. Where the author does not publish, then the developers will take the generated output and publish it themselves. At no point do the files go through a compiler such as that used to create winhelp or CHM files.

The generated and published outputs should not be much different although sometimes things will be added to the published version or left in when they should have been stripped out. However, I think going into that in this thread will confuse matters.

Does the TOC appear correctly in the RH Project Manager?

Are you seeing a TOC tab without content in the output or are you not seeing a TOC tab at all?

What version of RH are you using?

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
The CHM junky takes the comments of the WebHelp junky on board

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp