• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I just open a 'blank' page?

New Here ,
Jan 04, 2010 Jan 04, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My apologies if this is a dumb question but...

As a long term user of Homesite now trying out CF Builder I am discovering things that I take for granted in Homesite that are missing in CF Builder that, for me, are complete show stoppers in terms of me actually spending money to 'upgrade' to a new IDE. I've been ignoring this one for a while assuming that it was just the way I was using CF Builder, but now I am not sure and am hoping that someone here can either confirm it or enlighten me as to how to do what I want to do...

I simply want to open a 'blank' page in CF Builder without it having to be associated with a project or a file or anything like that. I just want to press ctrl-N and get a blank page that I can paste stuff into and use as a scratchpad - with no popups asking for names or projects or anything. I might want to save it later as a file and maybe as part of a project, but "right now" I just want a blank page. Someone suggested that a new snippet might be what I wanted but even that pops up a window asking for a name for the snippet.

Any and all advice is very much appreciated.

Cheers,

Brett

B)

TOPICS
Builder

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 04, 2010 Jan 04, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yep, I miss that too.  Not from Homesite, per se, but just as a standard text-editor-y sort of feature.  One should not have to save a file before typing into it; one should just be able to go CTRL-N and get a new blank page to type into.

I recommend go raising an enhancement request:http://cfbugs.adobe.com/bugreport/flexbugui/cfbugtracker/main.html

Post the issue number back here and I'll go vote for it.

--

Adam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation