Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Import Function not working

New Here ,
Jan 04, 2010 Jan 04, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having problems in RoboHelp 7.0

with using the Import function. When I use it, the application freezes up and I have to use the Task Manager to close the

application. I have all updates installed.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 04, 2010 Jan 04, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried importing a different document and/or importing into a different project?

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

Follow me @petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 04, 2010 Feb 04, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can import just fine with my profile but when she uses her profile the app RoboHTML hangs.  Task Manage says the app is running but it is unresponsive as if waiting for confirmation or something.  She has reinstalled the application but to no avail.  What other troubleshooting tips could be provided.  My only recourse at this juncture is to recreate her profile.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whoa! Profile? Where is RH installed?

• Read the RoboColum(n) for a tips, tricks and musings on the Technical Communication Suite products.
  • Follow the RoboColum(n) on Twitter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am her support contact.  She brought her laptop in yesterday to see if I could resol

ve the problem.  On her computer, I logged in under my profile and was successful wi

th the import.  When she logs in the app just hangs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That proves that it's her rights to the drive that are causing her issue. When you (support) logged in (as an admin, I'd guess) it worked; when she does, it hangs. Either give her more rights or wipe & set up her profile again. BTW - you or she didn't mention the O/S she's running, but if it's Vista or Win7, just being an admin does not automatically get you full rights like it used to in XP.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

When RH7 is installed, it must be installed by someone with admin rights. That can be you as IT admin or the user with local admin rights over the PC. If installed by the user with admin rights, after installation, those rights can be removed although I would recommend RH is fired up the first time with those rights still attached.

If you do change the profile, then I would recommend uninstalling RH first and reinstalling it with the new profile. Since RH7 that shouldn't be necessary as it was with earlier versions but given the issues here, I would try it.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp