• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problems with Mac OS X Snow Leopard?

New Here ,
Dec 27, 2009 Dec 27, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just upgraded my laptop to Mac OS 10.6.2 and now every time I try to download an ebook ADE crashes. Tried uninstalling/reinstalling ADE with no joy. The book appears to be downloading but when it tries to authorize thats when it crashes. Oddly enough, ADE seems to work perfectly fine on my brand new desktop that already had snow leopard installed before I added ADE. Tried downloading them on my desktop and transferring them to my laptop and I get the same result. This is really frustrating and although I try not to buy any books in Adobe format now, I still have tons of ebooks from when I had the freedom to read them in Adobe Reader...so any advice would help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Dec 30, 2009 Dec 30, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think I have hit a similar problem. I bought a book in epub format and ADE crashes when importing the book in OS X 10.5 and Win XP. The symptom is ADE hanging with 100% usage.

I have raised a support ticket, but so far Adobe tech support has been pretty useless.

I will stay away from buying ebooks until they fixed this (or Apple releases their own format )

Tucu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

crashlog?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have attached a core dump (obtained using kill -3).

At the point I sent the signal ADE was unresponsive and have been using 100% CPU for several minutes.

The last line in import.log was:

Attempt to convert: Schaums_Outline_of_Calculus_5ed.epub

I hope this helps.

Tucu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 04, 2010 Jan 04, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well 5 days and no response...Do you really think Adobe Digital Editions will survive against future Apple competition? You better start looking for a new job.

Diego

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 11, 2010 Jan 11, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sorry,  I was waiting until I had definitive word.  The bug fix for this (hang during fulfillment of large - many part books ) has just passed QA acceptence an will be in a (shortly) upcoming bug fix release.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines