• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RoboHelp 8 numbers not appearing as in WYSIWYG

Explorer ,
Jan 03, 2010 Jan 03, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since updating to RoboHelp 8.02, the fonts of the numbers in numbered steps are not appearing correctly in the generated CHM.

I am attaching 2 images - 1 is of how the numbering appears in the WYSIWYG and 1 of how it appears in the generated CHM.

The font and size change.

I've looked at various sites explaining how to use numbering, but couldn't see what to update to change the font and size of the numbers.

Thank you,

Debbie

WYSIWYG:

WYSIWYG view.gif

Generated CHM:

Generated view.gif

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 04, 2010 Jan 04, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you saying this was OK in 8.0.1? I doubt it as that patch did nothing that would affect numbering. Maybe you mean you upgraded to 8.0.2 from RH7 or earlier. If that is the case, you need to look at the LI tag. What is puzzling is the difference between Design Editor and output. Try in a new temporary project and assuming that works with the default CSS, start examining the differences. Post back if no progres.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

Follow me @petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 06, 2010 Jan 06, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem is now solved. I did the following:

I opened up my project's CSS in a Text Editor.

I then posted the following text at the beginning of the CSS and the problem was solved:

li {font-family: "Arial Unicode MS", sans-serif;
font-size: 10pt}

Additional notes:

I was mistaken about 8.0.2. I had updated, but the update did not take.

I'm not sure when the problem started. I did not have the problem when working with RH6, so the problem may have started when I upgraded from 6 to 8.

Another interesting thing, the problem did not exist in topics that I hadn't recently opened. Every time I opened a topic that looked okay, the problem then existed in that topic.

Thank you,

Debbie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As an addendum to what I wrote earlier.

The method that I described did not work on my colleague's machine and it messed up the font size of some of the text in the bullets.

The solution for his machine (and my machine) was to open the CSS through RoboHelp (Project Manager > Project files > righ-click on the CSS > Edit).

In the Other section, we changed the OL and UL style to the Font and Size that we wanted. (These styles were not available in my project.)

We also changed the Lists style to the required Font and Size.

Regards,

Debbie

Message was edited by: dsarig

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I really think you need to test this in a clean project. A project should not be any different no matter which machine you run it on. Once fixed on one machine, if the project is transferred to another, it should still be good.

Follow me @petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 09, 2010 Jan 09, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks.

I was not clear in my earlier post. The problem happened on my colleague's machine with a different project and a different css.

This happened on my machine with all projects as well.

Before updating the default.css:

Image3.gif

After updating the default css:

Image4.gif

I tried it on a clear project and also could not get the desired behavior until I changed the "Lists" option:

Image5.gif

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 09, 2010 Jan 09, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry but I still not clear. Different projects can of course get different results as each has its own style sheets. In the same project do you both get the same results and in both source and output?

Follow me @petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 10, 2010 Jan 10, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes. Same project - two different machines - same output.

But once we fixed the "Lists" style on my machine and the "UL" and "OL" styles on his machine, the problem was solved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp