• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

E_LIC_CONNECTION_PROBLEM

New Here ,
Nov 16, 2009 Nov 16, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got this error in DEigital Editions few days ago. I wanted to dowload an e-book from netlibrary. Before everything was wakiing fine. Any suggestion?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We were doing a server move at Adobe, which if you caught it just at the right time might have caused you problems.  What happens when you try to use the .acsm file now?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

tried just now...same error....

how can I get rid of this issue?

--- Lun 16/11/09, Jim Lester <forums@adobe.com> ha scritto:

Da: Jim Lester <forums@adobe.com>

Oggetto: E_LIC_CONNECTION_PROBLEM

A: "pippo baudo" <teen_punk@yahoo.com>

Data: Lunedì 16 novembre 2009, 18:18

We were doing a server move at Adobe, which if you caught it just at the right time might have caused you problems.  What happens when you try to use the .acsm file now?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I get exactly the same error message, but first a pop-up screen apperars with the following message: One or more downloads are not finished. Do you want to resume pending tasks? Whether I click yes or no, the following screen is: E_LIC_CONNECTION_PROBLEM. I also use Netlibrary to borrow ebooks.

Is there anyone with suggestions? I have already uninstalled and dowloaded ADE twice, but the problem persists.

Thx

Sijbrand

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah! the pop-up refers to previously unfinished download.
it looks like ADE "recognize" that with a previous book there was a problem and then ask you if you wish to continue that download...but if choos ok...then you will have the E_LIC same error....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Error getting license
License server communication problem:

E_LIC_CONNECTION_PROBLEM

I also got this problem. I use ADE the 1st time on yesterday, 16 Nov. Downloaded a book from Netlibrary, tried to open it, but AOE came up with this error message. I tried today as well it still doesn't work.

However when I download books from Adobe sample eBook library, the book can be viewed properly in ADE.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 17, 2009 Nov 17, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am getting the same error message when trying to download checked out content from NetLibrary. When I attempt to open the .acsm file I get the following: "Error Getting License- License Server Communication Problem: E_LIC_CONNECTION_PROBLEM"

I was using Digital Editions with NetLibrary with no problems until Saturday, Nov. 14, 2009 when I first got this error message. I have tried multiple times with several .ascm files from NetLibrary and am still getting the same error msg and unable to view my content.

If anyone has a solution- I would greatly appreciate knowing what it is since this is a pretty big issue and it has been going on for 3 days now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

...so.....looks like i'm not the only one having this problem.....

I now think that this is an ADE content server issue...

and somebody at Adobe must do something to resolve it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good to see I am not the only one with this problem. My problem also started a couple of days ago. I think Friday or Saturday 13 / 14 November. I have tried on many sites to find a direct e-mail adress to contact Adobe, but I was not able to find an e-mail address to discuss our problem with them directly.

Would it be helpful to get Netlibrary involved?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By the way, I have sent an e-mail to Netlibrary and asked for their assistance to solve our problem.

Let's hope we will get somewhere,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there....

I think they solved the issue...tried a book while ago...and it worked fine...

bye

--- Mar 17/11/09, SijbrandK <forums@adobe.com> ha scritto:

Da: SijbrandK <forums@adobe.com>

Oggetto: E_LIC_CONNECTION_PROBLEM

A: "pippo baudo" <teen_punk@yahoo.com>

Data: Martedì 17 novembre 2009, 18:30

By the way, I have sent an e-mail to Netlibrary and asked for their assistance to solve our problem.

Let's hope we will get somewhere,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

YES!!!

I also dowloaded a book from Netlibrary and it worked!!!

Hope the problem is solved permanently.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

NetLibrary is aware of the problem and is working to resolve it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 05, 2010 Jan 05, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Folks, it's not a problem limited to Netlibrary. I have been getting the same error message when I attempt to download a book from Mindset Triathlon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hey,

i tried downloading a book from Powells website today and got the same error message so i dont think its limited to the Netlibrary either. i have downloaded books from Powells before and had no bother. How did you get it sorted?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Im also having problems with ADE. I downloaded a book from booksonboard.com today, and when i have tried adding the .acsm file to ADE the message popping up is "E_LIC_CONNECTION_PROBLEM". I've tried another book i have purchased on the same site today as well, and this one is working fine? Does anyone have any solutions? Please help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Having same problem trying to download from books on board

Error getting license
License server communication problem: E_LIC_CONNECTION_PROBLEM

Uninstalled and reinstalled twice clearing original tasks and deleting all folders from recycle bin and rebooted still giving same error message, any suggestion yet?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For this error uninstalling and reinstalling won't do you any good.  This is a server side issue of the store that you purchased the book from(or thier back end provider).   You should contact tech support for the store, asand let them fix it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yup I think so too!

For netlibrary it was fixed from the back end several days after we experienced that problem. We as user did not do anything..

maybe u wait for like 3-5 days?

Date: Tue, 5 Jan 2010 18:55:44 -0700

To: cashmisa@hotmail.com

Subject: E_LIC_CONNECTION_PROBLEM

For this error uninstalling and reinstalling won't do you any good. This is a server side issue of the store that you purchased the book from(or thier back end provider). You should contact tech support for the store, asand let them fix it.

>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

...but from three booksellers at the same time?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Depends upon the bookslellers.  They may all be using the same back end provider.  Regardless the appropriate thing to do is to report it to the people that you paid money to, so that they can fix it (themselves or go through the tech support contact that they have which will be must better than an unofficial forum).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've just dl a book msbdirect and I'm getting this error also. I'm in a help que at MSBDirect at the moment. They claim its adobe's problem. great:(

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 06, 2010 Jan 06, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Well i am currently in contact with one of the support team at BooksOnBoard.com, they have asked the exact details of the error, so we'll see if they manage to sort the problem their end. I don't know if they are going to blame Adobe, i'll give you an update as soon as i can!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Arghhh!

Wish i has seen this forum before i had downloaded Adobe Digital Editions and bought my first book an hour ago. I have been having the exact same message, over and over. I bought it from www.penguin.co.uk and REALLY needed to read it asap.

Looking at all these posts i can't believe this problem has been going on so long and not been resolved. What a waste of money

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I feel your pain. My classes started yesterday!

I'm falling behind by the minute.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines