Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session

Interacting with Workspace UI from Form

Level 4

My requirement is to make certain field required based on the step of the workflow.  For instance, there is a workflow with 3 stops, and the final reviewer must digitally sign the form.  I can't make the signature completely required, as I don't what the first two approvers signing.

My idea was to interact with the workspace UI using Javascript, and see what the name of the workflow step is, and do not allow the third reviewer to submit if they have not signed the form.

Does anyone know how to interact with the workspace UI using javascript?   Are there any other suggestions for the requirement that I'm trying to meet?

5 Replies

Level 10

Workspace UI cannot help you anything on this requirement.

You could have a hidden text field within the form say txtFlag

Set some information in the text field using SetValue component after each AssignTask operation.

Now your javascript has ability to read this flag and work accordingly.

Make sense?

Nith

Level 4

It makes sense, but how do I update a hidden text field using a setvalue operation? 

Level 10

Please see the screenshot of SetValue component properties (attached).

Leftside locate your hidden text field where as on the right side is the expression.

Nith

Level 4

Nith

Thanks. I forgot to mention I am using a Document Form variable as we're using digital signatures.

Level 10

In this case, you can use the importData component to merge values to the document form variable.

Did you try that option?

Nith