Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Migrating Robohelp from 2.0 to the current Version

New Here ,
Aug 21, 2009 Aug 21, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We have a windows 2000 box,we are migrating this box to Windows Server 2003 and IIS 6.0.

So we are using an older version(2.0) of Robohelp in our 2000 Box?Is there any Migration tool to migrate the Robohelp from Version 2.0 to the current

new version 8.0.

Please share your ideas,how can we make it easier or Suggest me the steps how to migrate,even though its not easier ...

Thanking you in anticipation

-Venu

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Venu and welcome to the RH community.

Are you referring to the RoboHelp Server (previously RoboEngine) application? If so, Getting Started Guide is a good place to start and you can also look here.

Read the RoboColum(n).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 06, 2010 Jan 06, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Colum,

My question was not answered yet,Yeah the name is called as Roboengine at version 2.0 and now its Robohelp8.0.So we have some projects which are existing and the extension of them are .ppf .Dont know what that ppf means and what it can be abbrevated as .Thats okay,I want that to be migrated to 8.0 .Could you please suggest me ,to what extension it will be converted now? and I need the steps of upgrading the older ones to the new ones?.

Looking forward for your cooperation Colum

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you sure you mean Version 2.0 of RoboHelp rather than RoboEngine? RoboWizard will pick me up if I am wrong but that version has to be over fifteen years old.

Second issue is that RoboHelp has to run on a desktop rather than a server so it isn't going to work on Windows 2003 server. Running RoboHelp on a server is both technically impossible and against the license.

Please confirm the details. Did you perhaps mean RoboHelp 2000?

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 06, 2010 Jan 06, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peter,

My question was not answered yet,Yeah the name is called as Roboengine at version 2.0 and now its Robohelp8.0.So we have some projects which are existing and the extension of them are .ppf .Dont know what that ppf means and what it can be abbrevated as .Thats okay,I want that to be migrated to 8.0 .Could you please suggest me ,to what extension it will be converted now? and I need the steps of upgrading the older ones to the new ones?.

Looking forward for your cooperation Peter

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp