• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why does "Jump to Slide" action disable the quiz slides?

New Here ,
Jan 05, 2010 Jan 05, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is what I have setup:

I have a Captivate 4 program using AS 2. The program is a total of 23 slides (quizzes and tutorials). The program is broken into 3 lessons with one of the slides set as a menu slide. Each lesson button on the menu jumps to the slide that is the first slide of that lesson. At the end of each lesson I have a completion slide with a menu button that jumps back to the menu slide when it is clicked.

Here is the problem:

When I start the program and complete any of the lessons and return the menu, none of the question slides work in the remaining lessons. The question slides show up, but the radio buttons and submit button are no longer active on those slides. Its as if the program thinks the slide is complte, but nothing is selected. I have narrowed the problem down to the “Jump to Slide” action that I use on the Menu button in the lesson completion slides. If I would complete the program in a linear way without jumping back to the menu slide I don’t seem to have any problems. The problem seems to only occur when I jump backwards through the slides.

Has anyone else had a similar problem? Is this a bug with Captivate or am I missing something?

TOPICS
Getting started

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 05, 2010 Jan 05, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

The unfortunate fact is that question slides work best if you can place them all in a linear fashion where you move from one to another without ever going backward. We often see posts here where things fail to work when you choose to jump backward and forward in the movie.

Perhaps one workaround would be to force a specific order of progression. Sprinkle the "menu" slide so it follows each segment. That way you could also easily implement something like check marks or a progress indicator to show completion of the segment.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

Captivate Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Adobe Certified Captivate Training

SorcerStone Blog

Captivate eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 06, 2010 Jan 06, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Rick,

That seems to be the general concensus from my research on this issue. I'll probably end up adding a menu slide after each lesson as you suggested so that the program appears to be gated. The only challege that I still face is if the user decides to jump back and review a previous lesson before finisishing all three. I'll have to convince the client that this feature should be gated until the end.

Thanks again for your suggestions.

Josh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources