Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Too Many Activations again

Jan 06, 2010 Jan 06, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For last few weeks I again can't access my ebooks. Digital Edition is again giving me Too Many Activations error.

I've submitted a case: https://www.adobe.com/cfusion/support/index.cfm?event=casedetail&id=0181360687&loc=en_us but it seems that nobody in support knows how to reset the Digital Editions count besides Jim on this forum.

Jim, can you please add activations to my acount?

And, if you don't mind, I have several questions:

1. I've raised 2 support cases and called number of times and it seems that nobody else in support has any clue about Digital Editions. Shouldn't there be some documented procedures for resetting Digital Editions activations?

2. This appears to be a bug that is known for years and according to this forum affects number of people. Is that bug ever going to be fixed? Is there any other version of Digital Editions planned?

3. I've spent thousands of USD on ebooks? How can I get them out from Digital Editions and into some other tool? What are my options?

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jan 07, 2010 Jan 07, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't call it is just wasting your time.   The only method of support available for Digital Editions is through the Web Portal  (http://www.adobe.com/support/digitaleditions click on 'Submit a web case')

Your case was submitted yesterday and is being processed - the average resolution time for web cases is 3 days.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jan 07, 2010 Jan 07, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jim, Thanks for the reply, but that's not quite correct.

Case was opened 10 days ago. Support closed it twice saying that they've reset my activation count, but they didn't. I'm still getting Too Many Activation errors so I reopened the case.

So, if Adobe is not capable or not willing to help us with this, what Adobe admits is a bug in the software, what are our choices? How can we access our ebooks on which we spent lots of money?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 08, 2010 Jan 08, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I've reset your activation.  Looks like the support folks were getting confused because your AdobeID is not an email address.

Do you have the case #'s for the previous cases?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines