• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CFObject - Instantiating remote COM object access issue

New Here ,
Jan 06, 2010 Jan 06, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've used a few COM objects before and never had any issues, but this is the first one I've ever used with the attribute context='remote'.  I have a CF app server computer, and a mail server that contains the DLLs I'm looking to tie into.  I'm not in a server environment, these are just a couple of laptops I have lying around I'm using to test things out.

Here's what my basic code looks like:

<cfobject type="com" class={xxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxx} name="TestObject" action="create" context="remote" server="\\MyMailServer" />

Here is the error that is returned:

An exception occurred when instantiating a COM object.  The cause of this exception was that: AutomationException: 0x80070005 - General access denied error.

If I change the name of the server attribute to something that doesn't exist, the error changes to this:

An exception occurred when instantiating a COM object.  That case of this exception was that: java.net.UnknownHostException: BadServerName

So it seems I'm getting to the remote server.  This is where I'm making assumptions on things I really don't know much about.  Has anyone ever encountered an error such as this?  Any tips on how I could further debug/troubleshoot?  I'm not sure what I'm denied access to, and even if I did, I wouldn't know how to auth a user to make the call.

If I can provide any more info about what I'm trying to do that you think would be helpful or I may have left out, please ask.  Any tips or hints would be greatly appreciated.

TOPICS
Advanced techniques

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 10, 2010 Jan 10, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Any tips on how I could further debug/troubleshoot?  I'm not sure what I'm denied access to, and even if I did, I wouldn't know how to auth a user to make the call.

This page on Configuring DCOM for Remote Access shows you how you can disable authentication during testing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation