• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Captivate 4 and Windows 7 doesn't hear microphone and will not record

Community Beginner ,
Jan 06, 2010 Jan 06, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

captivate_sound_problem.gifI have windows 7 as my operating system.  I downloaded the trial version of captivate 4 while I'm waiting for my recently purchased copy to come in the mail.

I can record on my computer via its own sound recording utility under accessories.  So that is up and running.  I right-clicked on Captivate when opening to open as administrator, besides I have admin rights anyway.

But Captivate doesn't hear the microphone.  My microphone is one that plugs in to the microphone port on my computer.

When I speak into the microphone, the red "Checking input Level" does nothing, and no sound is recorded.

TOPICS
Recording

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the link, it had useful info but unfortunately doesn't help this particular issue.  I'm not using a usb microphone, just one plugged into the microphone jack.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi again

By chance is this a 64 Bit version of Windows 7? If so, I believe there have been reports of issues using it.

You should also consider reporting as a bug.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

Captivate Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Adobe Certified Captivate Training

SorcerStone Blog

Captivate eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 07, 2010 Jan 07, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My computer is a dell precision laptop and it is a 32 bit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just like to add that i have literally just tried the fix suggested for Windows Vista Business and a Microsoft Lifechat ZX6000 and it works a treat, many thanks.

Just in case anybody else looks at this thread looking for an answer!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, so I thought I would add some more information before getting entirely frustrated and decide to return Captivate before I even get it.

Here are some screen shots of Windows 7 on a 32 bit Dell computer, i.e., the setup for the microphone.  It works on my computer fine, but Captivate can seem to hear it.

Microphone-Properties_GeneralTab-1.gif

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is the Levels tab screen shot: Microphone-Properties_LevelsTab-3.gif

This is part of the above screen shots/attachments.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is the screen capture of the Captivate 4 settings on the audio:captivate_settings.gif

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 09, 2010 Jan 09, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, so here is the answer to recording with a microphone on a system with Windows 7:  In Captivate 4 go to Help->Updates-> there is a patch

install it and now it recognizes my microphone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources