• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Got an idea for Illustrator???

Engaged ,
May 09, 2001 May 09, 2001

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This forum was set up specifically for users to request features they'd like to see in future versions of Adobe Illustrator.

The truth is, everyone can come up with cool ideas for Illustrator -- whether your an expert, a novice, or anywhere in between. It's an open discussion so feel free to chime in with your ideas!

🙂 Mordy

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
replies 127 Replies 127
New Here ,
May 31, 2001 May 31, 2001

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please add full expert font support as in InDesign and
Photoshop 6.0 to Illustrator.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 31, 2001 May 31, 2001

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Illustrator 10 Color Wish List

The Pantone libraries MUST be stored in a device-independent colour space (Lab ??)
Enabling soft proofing and color management (optionally) permits both Swatch Library and created art to simulate RGB or CMYK destinations. I believe if you simply copied the outstanding soft proofing features from Photoshop 6 you'd have it right.

Another option is to incorporate Pantone's (now defunct ?) ColorDrive product right into Illustrator 10 AND Photoshop 7. This will permit the creation and export of device-dependant Swatch Libraries right within the apps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 01, 2001 Jun 01, 2001

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please add the high number Pantone colours(like PMS7459cvc) and make a pallette for the solid matte book.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 19, 2001 Jun 19, 2001

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For ai 10: multi page and customizable master pages

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Feature list?

1. Spot color to Spot color Gradients.
(And NO CONVERTING to CMYK!)

2. Expanded Pantone Colors.
(Metalics, Pastels)

3. SPEED IT UP!!!
(Not Just wait for systems to get faster...)

Oh well, hopefuly I can give you some good ones..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Support for Multipage documents or multiple drawing boards in one file similar to freehand.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why on earth do you limit the drawing space to only 120" x 120"? Quark limits their software to only 48" x 48". Most other software allows for huge art areas. This is a big limitation. I have to scale everything before I rip it.

It would be great to be able to work in L*a*b* color. My spectrophotometer is Lab. I am now familiar enough with the color space to where it would be of great use to me especially regarding precision color work.

Also, could you make the transform box consist of a check mark to determine whether we want proportional size adjustments vs separate height and width adjustments? Having to hit all those special keys for a proportional precision scale is the pits.

I don't know what you did with postscript in v9, but all the RIP makers that I know tell us to use v8 because v9 does something to the postscript. These RIP programs cost multiples of what Illustrator costs so I can't really just up and change RIPs like I can change Illustration software.

On another note, some help with SVG would be nice. Either do that in LiveMotion, GoLive or Illustrator. It's kinda tough figuring all that stuff out. Your SVG links on your web site are pretty good.............More SVG stuff!!!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ability to embed images from photoshop with spot colours eg duotones without them converting to CMYK instead of having to link them. It is really hard to work precisely with the low res link.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 02, 2001 Jun 02, 2001

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ability to select all instances of a color (and tints of a color) in a design and change them to another color (while maintaining tint percentages) without having to make multiple selections via the menu item. Take a look at Freehand for how this is done.

Truth told, if Adobe were to change their way of dealing with colors to be more like Freehand, I'd keep my entire workflow in Illustrator.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 12, 2009 Aug 12, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey John,

I believe this ones been done. You can create a color (process). Add to swatches as a global. And pick as a tint. When you edit swatch all pieces using this color will change. How cool is that. Hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 02, 2001 Jun 02, 2001

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While my mind is working on this...

1. The overprint preview feature is great. Finally I can get an idea of what my 20% pantone blue will look like overprinted on pantone yellow. However, I can not print out a proof to show my customer and have it look like it does on screen. Maybe an option to print a screen representation?

2. Transparency is a great feature, but having my spot colors converted to process makes it virtually unusable. Any way to have, say, a 50% transparent spot color over a 10% spot color over another 100% spot color sep out retaining all the spot color information? For example a 50% spot color would sep out as a 50% tint of the specified color. Right now, I have to move my individual shapes to Photoshop and have them each on their own layer in order to simulate the printing effect I 'm going for.

If you can't tell, I spend lots of time doing screenprint seps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 04, 2001 Jun 04, 2001

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Off the top of my head:
1. How about the ability to map channels in TIFF's to any colour we please.
2. It would be nice to specify colours in CMYK as well as spot percentages, rather than have to do it with a style or overprinting spot elements.
3. Expand the separations dialog - don't automatically turn CMYK on - give access to dot shapes - ability to merge colours on output.

More to follow. :-)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PLEASE FIX THIS IN AI 9.x

1-The field value for border is so little that you can't see all the value you enter : you have to move the blinking cursor with the keyboard arrows to see what is hidden ! Considering this is a manoeuvre you have to do often,... 😞
I'm waiting since 7.0 version that adobe fix the problem !

2-New transparency features are great but why sometimes ai9 is able to DISPLAY them but not to convert in bitmap nor to print !
We come back to years where postscript files needed us to pray before flashing. the first job i made with ai9.0 I had to CAPTURE SCREEN image (in 12 zoomed pieces for suffisant resolution) ! Very funny !

3-it is mandatory to know what is the scale factor and the rotation degree of a placed image (tif,...) even AFTER those operations are done. Iwould appreciate it could be the case of vector path too. Why not ? :)

4-please add fonction to convert more easily and more completely (shortcut, automatic first level layer, dialog box to rename, etc.) grouped objects into layer for preparation to export to image ready (for use of rollover fonctions) OR add in ai 9.x slice and animation palette ?!

5-even a little enhacement of the poor perspective effect if you don't want to concur Dimension.

6-when you select two objects with exactly the same effects attributes you can't edit the effect for both in the same time (access denied)

7-about anchor points : PLEASE let user choose for greater dimension of those (freehand's one are far more easy to select) and by the way, add icons of the type of anchor points (sinusoïd or broken etc.) in an inspector window. And, like Freehand (sorry!:)), let users complete a path by simply SELECTING an anchor point and not having to "recreate" it with the pen tool. This is absurd. and frustrating.

8-etc...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Speed up this slow monster.

2. Easier Font Scrolling (Check out flashes new interface) Its 20 time seasier to see what fonts i need and not through a little window that can't even span the full font name.

3. Ability to drag images from photoshop with transparency without having to export them to save time...

Illustrator is quickly becoming stale and old. Its slow and the interface needs to be rahashed. Illustrator 5.5 was the best i have ever worked with. Fast and interface was not complicated (Example picking colors)

Just my 2 cents...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

#1: First and foremost, make Illustrator faster than the previous versions. You'll make everyone happy even before you add functionality.

#2: Add the ability to modify the placement of a stroke on the actual edge of an object: centered, inside or outside.

#3: Beware how much functionality you add to the program. The sheer number of features is very likely confusing most of your first time buyers. Consider making the program more modular.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jun 05, 2001 Jun 05, 2001

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The ability of replacing non-existing fonts when opening a file the same way that Quark Xpress or Freehand do. A simple dialog box would be enough but if you add the possibility of replacing a font for another once inside the file (without having to search for it) it would be nice as well.

Thank you very much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 06, 2001 Jun 06, 2001

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

and my list continues...

8-change the fact that when a path is selected you cannot edit one single anchor point without deselcting th path and reselect the desired point : what Freehand proposes is far more intuitive.

9-it is really annoying that when you make a mask you lose the colors attributes of the mask object. This should be an option. Once again freehand is not boring for that.

10-When we'll have a real time display when moving path and not only ghost line view ?

11-to follow...

thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 07, 2001 Jun 07, 2001

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1) We need transparency within gradients, much like the Photoshop 6 gradient tool.

2) We need skew, perspective, and distort tools, as in the photoshop transform tools.

3) We need an eyedropper than can select color from pixels in a rasterized image.

4) How about a filter that will convert a whole set of vector objects from full-color (CMYK or RGB) to the color's grayscale equivalent, and then from that grayscale to various shades of a swatch color, etc??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 08, 2001 Jun 08, 2001

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Envelopes. See Filterit4!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 10, 2001 Jun 10, 2001

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. A gradient stroke.

2. Font previews.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 10, 2001 Jun 10, 2001

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. The ability to set the Layers Palette functions to 'Show layer only' and 'Thumbnails off' as the default for all new and opened drawings.

2. Make the toolbox capable of docking as a single row of icons at the periphery of the screen with fly-outs for the tool options ala version 5.5(?).

3. Make functions for the right mouse button selectable and constant.

4. Return the selected color dot to the layer line so that color coded layers can be selected without having to select an object on the layer to see the layer color assignment.

5. Make the snap-to more accurate and stable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 11, 2001 Jun 11, 2001

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bring in a completely revised vector optimization palettes. We use a vertical market program called FlexiSignPRO ($5000) which has some incredibly intuitive vector control features. The website is http://www.amiableworld.com

If Illustrator could somehow utilize their vector tools then you guys would have it all!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 12, 2001 Jun 12, 2001

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the only adobeforums that I can now access.
I used to be able to access all the forums via Outlook Express. I have tried to
post feature requets, but my messages are sent back. If this message goes
through, please tell me what to do.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 12, 2001 Jun 12, 2001

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had to reset local files.

Sorry for the post.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines