Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Captivate 4 - Exit Button Not Working in Browser

New Here ,
Jan 08, 2010 Jan 08, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greetings, all.

I recently upgraded to Captivate 4, and the Exit button on the playbar of published CP4 simulations no longer works when running in IE6.  If I launch just the SWF file in the stand-alone Flash Player, it works fine.  In the browser, it does nothing.  Also, if I set the Project End Options to "Close Project" the same thing happens.  And, if I create my own exit button using either Execute Javascript or an Advanced Action, both will work in the stand alone player, but not in the browser.  Any help you may be able to provide will be greatly appreciated.  Thanks!

Frederic

TOPICS
Getting started

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

See if the link below provides help.

Click here to view

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

Captivate Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Adobe Certified Captivate Training

SorcerStone Blog

Captivate eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rick,

Thanks for the quick reply.  Any reason that it would work for Captivate 3 simulations, but not for Captivate 4?  I opened a few of my older simulations developed in CP3 to see if they had the same issue, and the Exit button worked fine in the browser for them.  But all of the CP4 sims do not.  I will continue to troubleshoot.  Any additional thoughts are appreciated.  Thanks!

Frederic

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

My guess is that you are opening those from version 3 in a different manner than you are the version 4 sims. As I understand it (and as explained in the link) the ability to close a window is dependent on the browser as well as the manner in which the window was opened to begin with.

I suggest you begin by scrutinizing what is different about the version 3 files that you are seeing. Where are you running them from? How are you displaying them?

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

Captivate Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Adobe Certified Captivate Training

SorcerStone Blog

Captivate eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 12, 2010 Jan 12, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks again, Rick.  I was opening them in the same way, but I was opening them locally.  For some reason Cap3 sims will exit the browser locally, but Cap4 sims will not...at least on my machine.  But, I publish the Cap 4 sim to our web server, and that made it happy.  All variety of Exit options work just fine.  Thanks for the tips!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources