Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Compiling WebHelp changes <ul> tag to <ol> in a topic

New Here ,
Jan 08, 2010 Jan 08, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

RoboHelp HTML Version 7.

I'm trying to use a JavaScript for a vertical menu in several topics, which creates a vertical, drop-down menu using the <ul> & <li> tags.  However, when I compile the WebHelp file RoboHelp changes the <ul> tags to <ol>, which destroys the menu functionality.  Is there any way to prevent this from happening?

Thank you, thank you!

Patti

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 11, 2010 Jan 11, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Patti.

There aren't many Javascript experts on these forums so I'm wondering if you'd be better placed putting this query elsewhere. Or is it that you are a Javascript expert and therefore know the script is OK but just isn't displaying as you want? If the later, I don't think there is much you can do apart from report this to Adobe. You are after all not using standard RH functionality.

• Read the RoboColum(n) for a tips, tricks and musings on the Technical Communication Suite products.
  • Follow the RoboColum(n) on Twitter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 11, 2010 Jan 11, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I don't know why RH would change your tags. Is there something special about them? If you post an example topic, I'll take a look.

Greet,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 17, 2010 Jan 17, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Willam,

Thanks so much for your reply.  I did away with the JavaScript file and tried a .CSS file, which produced the same results.  I've attached a copy of the .CSS file and the test file that I'm using to test the output.  As you can see, the output was changed from <ul> to <ol> and the .CSS defines <ul> only.  Any help, suggestions, etc., are so very welcome.  Thank you, thank you!!

Patti

Message was edited by: Captiv8r - Corrected Willam's name.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 18, 2010 Jan 18, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

The CSS doesn't produce great results on my pc, but maybe that's because I miss a style sheet. I took a look at the code and it looks OK with me.

It shouldn't matter whether you use JS of CSS to create the menu. I wonder why Robo canges your tags... What happens if you remove the DIV from your file, does Robo still change the ul tags to ol? (You don't really need the DIV.) If that doesn't work, what happens if you add an ID to the first ul tag?

A quicker solution may be to assign an ID to the first ul tag. You then style the list trough ID and it doesn't matter what tag you use.

Greet,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp