• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Advice Needed

New Here ,
Mar 17, 2008 Mar 17, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I am working on a dynamic form. Before I get too much into the code, I wanted some advice from some advanced CF developers. The form is going to work like...
You select a question, let's say answering 'yes'

If 'yes' display the following questions

If 'no' don't display any more questions and let the user continue filling out the form

I really don't want to have the page refresh. I am running CF8 and I know there are great ajax functions. I need the form to allow for updates. Example, if the answer is 'yes' in the database, when they come to the form again, those dependent questions show automatically. I have tried different things, but I could never get the form prepopulate that answer and show the dependent questions.

Does that make any sense??

Side question, does anyone have any issues with the different browsers showing ajax properly?
TOPICS
Advanced techniques

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 17, 2008 Mar 17, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The bullet points didn't show up... here they are

You select a question, let's say answering 'yes'

If 'yes' display the following questions

If 'no' don't display any more questions and let the user continue filling out the form

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 24, 2008 Mar 24, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I thnik you have to use ajax to achive this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 24, 2008 Mar 24, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Java script will work fine also!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation