• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Replacing conditional text with variables

Explorer ,
Mar 18, 2008 Mar 18, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Robohelp X5, I made extensive use of the conditional text option for the different "flavors" of our product, based on different technologies used.

We have now upgraded to RoboHelp 7. Is there any way that I can replace the existing conditional text with variables? I am sure there must be a better way to do it than manually pasting the variable over the existing text.

Hopefully, something like "search and replace"?

Thanks,
Jay

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 18, 2008 Mar 18, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Hi Jay.

I dare say you could do this via a find and replace tool. There is such a tool within RH but the one you'd need must be able to search for instances in the HTML where the conditional text or variable tag is split over several lines. The most frequently ones mentioned on these forums that allow for this are FAR and bkreplacem.

What you'd need to do is look for a pattern in your conditional text tag, use the "start with", "end with" and "contains" fields as appropriate to find the tag and replace with the variable HTML. You will have to do a bit of testing first before you apply the final changes so take backups at each step and be prepared to revert back as required. Best of luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp