Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Transfering Books

Jan 10, 2010 Jan 10, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just purchased a Sony ereader from my son and it had a number of books loaded....which I bought with the machine. I have registered with Digital Editions to and bought some new books from Waterstones but now I cannot access the books that were on the reader as they are shown registered to another user (my son).

Any suggestions...can we transfer their ownership (as in buring a seocnd hand book)?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Deleted User

The books are licensed to the user (you in this case), and there is no way to transfer the license to a different user (your son).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The books are licensed to the user (you in this case), and there is no way to transfer the license to a different user (your son).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you Jim. As someone new to e-readers, I find this somewhat surprising. Ebooks are little cheaper than standard books, which you can buy, sell or exchange secondhand quite freely. I fully understand the need to prevent copyright infringement but to prevent the transfer of a fully legit licence between parties makes no sense at all and I wonder if I should have stuck to paper and print. Anyway, thank you once again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines