• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is it possible to set WebHelp to use the Application user's security to determine topics viewable?

New Here ,
Jan 11, 2010 Jan 11, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm using RoboHelp HTML, Version 7 and am generating WebHelp to use in the application.  Is it possible to set WebHelp up so that the depending on the application user's security settings, they would be able to view specific topics within Help. 

User A has unlimited security so would be able to see all content

User B has security limited to XXX so would only be able to see XXX content

User C has secuirty limited to XX so would only be able to see XX content

Thank you in advance!

Mary

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mary

Certainly things may be configured this way, but RoboHelp isn't going to help you do it. Instead, it's a function your developer and server admins will do.

If you set up a Merged WebHelp setup, your Web Admin can restrict folders. Only the folders you are allowed to see are shown. So the content that should disappear is placed in a restricted folder. If the content cannot be found, the TOC won't present it.

I suppose that the newest RoboHelp Server can facilitate things if you have that setup. As I understand it, you are able to control who sees what using security in the latest version of RoboHelp Server. Please note that I only am familiar with what it offers. I'm not a user. So my understanding is academic and not practical. My guess is that the Adobe engineers are simply able to expose the area where security is controlled and you are really doing the job of the Web Admin but from inside RoboHelp. So it's really the same dog with different leg action.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7 or 8 within the day - $24.95!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you so much for your response. It was just a passing thought to save having to have multiple projects.

Thank you again.

Mary

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp