• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creating a number list question

New Here ,
Nov 20, 2009 Nov 20, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Even though I have not made any changes to the CSS file, when I select the numbered list option, the number are of different and larger font (see second list below) than they used to be. Is there a line in the CSS that I need to change to enable my lists to look the first list in the attachment? I have been going through each list and selecting Bullets and Numbering/Custom and selecting the paragraph style, but that's cumbersome

Listsample.gif

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 21, 2009 Nov 21, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Something must have changed. Have you perhaps upgraded to RH8? You need to define the font required for the numbers in your OL tag.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

Follow me @petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 04, 2009 Dec 04, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have done that and updated the OL tag but this results in the text in the numbered list shrinking when published or viewed but not in the wisiwig editor. (We use 0.8em as our standard font size). I have tried every combination I can think of and we are just going to have to put up with numbered steps where the font size in inexplicably too large in the published output.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Create a new project, one topic and using the same CSS. Show the problem in that topic and explain again in it what you want.

Zip it up and send it as shown in the Contact page. Include a link to this thread.

Follow me @petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll try and post it on Monday when I get back to work, cheers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 07, 2009 Dec 07, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Peter

I have sent that this morning.

However I'm yet to recieve my copy of the mail so I'm not sure it is on its way yet.

Thanks again.

I have mailed the zipped file to you again via my yahoo account hoping it gets to you this time. Cheers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 10, 2009 Dec 10, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hope you received my offline reply. I have your output but I need the source files.

Follow me @petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 14, 2009 Dec 14, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll zip the project up and send it to you, thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 11, 2010 Jan 11, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey guys,

Any updates in regards to how to avoid the resizing issues in the lists?

We're having the same issues with out set up.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We've had this problem too – Intermittently since R4.   I do not have an answer for you; however, I’ve noticed that the published font size varies according to the user defined, MS Explorer specified text size. (View -> Text Size) ...on some of our lists.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The solution that I found was to adjust the CSS in RoboHelp:

1. Go to Project Manager > Project files.
  2. Click on the css file and the Styles dialog box opens.
  3. Open the Other section and click on "Lists".
  4. Set the Font and Size there.

Good luck,

Debbie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 12, 2010 Jan 12, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That does resize the font of the numbered list but also makes all the text after that smaller. It appears to be a problem with RH in that it has some issue with using EM as a text size. We will have to live with slightly larger text for the numbers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

A solution for your problem would be to add

LI P {font-size: 100%;) OR LI P { 1em }

to your CSS. Every standard paragraph will take the font-size of the parent element (this is normally done trough inherit, but IE doesn't support that hence the workaround). If you use special paragraph classes in lists, such as Number, add

LI P.Number {font-size: 100%;) OR LI P.Number { 1em }

and so on. This will still allow you to use a different font size in a span.

If you define an EM for an element nested in another element with a font-size specified, the em is relative to the font size of its parent. In this case, the pargraph font-size is relative to the list item font size. Always set a basic font size (in em, percent of px) for your style sheet if you use em. See also http://css-tricks.com/css-font-size/

Greet,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First of all, thanks guys for being so helpful.

I'm reinstalling, creating a new project, getting a fresh cup of joe and hoping to get dirty with CSS code 😉

BTW, is it just me or did the good folks at Adobe drop the ball on this release of RH?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

They applied XHTML standards because people shouted about compliance, now you have compliance and people are shouting about how that works.

Adobe were damned if they did and damned if they didn't.

Follow me @petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The bullets and numbers are controlled by your css settings for UL and OL.

Good luck,

Leon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp