Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

weird auto-scrolling problems when typing

Jan 06, 2010 Jan 06, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is anyone else having problems with the editor auto scrolling the window after you enter a keystroke? My editor seems to be jumping all over the place sometimes, especially when I'm editing something that is wider than the page... ie, the page is already scrolled to the right. Sometimes after I enter some text, the editor scrolls me back all the way to the left.

I've noticed that sometimes the editor auto-scrolls me vertically after a hard return.

I'm wondering if this has somthing to do with the code validator, but I'm not sure. Whenever I type anything, I notice that some drawing occurs in the background. It seems to be related.

TOPICS
Builder

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 08, 2010 Jan 08, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, this is happening for me as well, it's very annoying!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jan 11, 2010 Jan 11, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think the problem has to do with the showing/highlighting of open/close constructs such as tags, quotes and brackets. I've done some testing and I can't seem to create a reproducable situation, but as I was testing, I was able to make the auto-scroll happen. It seems to be a horizontal scrolling problem, so if you're adding code on the same line with a close construct, the editor will sometimes scroll you to the beginning of the line to show you the start.

I'll post again when I can reproduce.

-JP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 11, 2010 Jan 11, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's a reproducible situation:

I was hardcoding a list of IDs as follows:

<cfset programIDList = "educational_programs,graduate_program,teacher_learning_center,journeys_school,conservation_research_center,wildlife_expeditions">

Once I got to the point where the horizontal width of the string was wider than the width of editor window, the editor kept trying to show me the beginning of the string (I assume where the opening quote is located) but I wasn't done typing. The result is a situation where I can't see what I'm typing because the editor keeps scrolling me back and forth.

This seems to be a UI defect to me.

Verify?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 12, 2010 Jan 12, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had this sort of thing happen with earlier betas, but I've not had it happen for a while.  Which build are you running?

--

Adam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm running Eclipse 3.5.1 (x32) and ColdFusion Builder 1.0.0.263215 (beta 3) on Windows 7 (x64)

Here's another reproducible:

I was editing this code snippet:

<cfif this.settings.iconFile NEQ "">
            <cfset coreHeadContent = coreHeadContent & "<link rel=#Chr(34)#shortcut icon#Chr(34)# href=#Chr(34)#/favicon.ico#Chr(34)# type=#Chr(34)#image/x-icon#Chr(34)# />
">
        </cfif>

I was replacing the double quote characters with #Chr(34)#, so originally this code looked like this (before I started editing)

<cfif this.settings.iconFile NEQ "">
             <cfset coreHeadContent = coreHeadContent & "<link rel="shortcut icon" href="/favicon.ico" type="image/x-icon" />
">
         </cfif>

Make the code wider than your editor window with the scroll bar moved to the right so that the beginning characters of the code is not visible. The bug would happen every time I replaced a double quote character with the #Chr(34)# code that was in my clipboard. My exact sequence of actions was to select the double quote and click CTL-V to replace. The editor window auto-scrolled me back to the beginning of the line and I would have to manually scroll back to my caret position to see my next edit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using the standalone CFB beta 3 and I am seeing the same issue. I don't seem to need quotes or anything else, I can just type nothing but text on a line and if I pause at all, it jumps back to the left side of the editor.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 01, 2010 Feb 01, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Scratch that.  I'm still getting it with build 266036.

--

Adam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just a note: I raised a bug for this a while back: http://cfbugs.adobe.com/bugreport/flexbugui/cfbugtracker/main.html#bugId=80222

Peeps experiencing this might wanna go vote for it.

--

Adam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wish I could vote and participate in the bug database... but... my adobe ID is not an email address. Unfortunately the login form thinks that everyone's adobe ID is an email address, which is definitely not the case.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Can't you just create another ID?

--

Adam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation