• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Custom DHTML DropDown styles

Jan 11, 2010 Jan 11, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

TCS2: Robohelp 8.0.2 | Framemaker 9 - Linked files | MS HTML Help

I would like to apply DHTML dropdown behavior to both screenshots and tables. I've positioned all figure captions above the images and table captions are already above the tables. However, i need to apply different default attributes to the drop-down Caption styles and drop-down body styles for tables and for images.

How can this be done?

How can tables be collapsed using this approach?

TIA

Rob

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

What exactly do you want? You say you want to use different default attributes, but what do you mean by that? Do you want to style the hyperlink / dropdowns / dropdown content differently? Or do you want something completely different?

Greet,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to apply the DropDownCaption style to the figure and table captions in my Framemaker document.

Applying the DropDownCaption DHTML to a paragraph style creates a new Framemaker style based on the style of the target paragraph. Format settings such as numbering are adopted in the new style from the old style and these are not suitable for all of the paragraphs i want to apply the DHTML.

For example, the new DropDownCaption style in Framemaker duplicates the current paragraph including the numbering (F:Figure\ <$chapnum>.<n+>\sm). When i apply the new DropDownCaption style to the Table captions in my documents the numbering sequence is disrupted (should be: T:Table\ <$chapnum>.<n+>\sm).

I want to have multiple styles for DropDownBody DHTML so that i can set different attributes to each version for applying to different types of content.

How does RH assign the DHTML behavior to the DropDownCaption an DropDownBody styles? Where in the Robohelp system is all this functionally managed and can it be customized?

• Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
    community guidelines
    LEGEND ,
    Jan 13, 2010 Jan 13, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I don't know anything about framemaker, but in your case I can think of one thing.

If the dropdowns you want to style are set in different parents, such as tables and/or paragraphs, you can style those dropdowns links different, like

TABLE A.dropspot, TABLE P A.dropspot {

Your style

}

P A.dropspot {

Your style

}

And so on...

How does RH assign the DHTML behavior to the DropDownCaption an DropDownBody styles? Where in the Robohelp system is all this functionally managed and can it be customized?

The hyperlinks for dropdowns are assigned an id and the hyperlink 'Javascript:TextPopup(this)'. The script itself is controlled in ehlpdhtm.js. I don't know how this is handled in RH.

You can try to create multiple hyperlink classes and assign different classes to your dropdowns. I don't know if Robo still recognizes that as dropdowns, that's something to try.

Greet,

Willam

This e-mail is personal. For our full disclaimer, please visit www.centric.eu/disclaimer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
    community guidelines
    Resources
    RoboHelp Documentation
    Download Adobe RoboHelp