• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RoboHelp Output

New Here ,
Jan 12, 2010 Jan 12, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure if my posts are getting to the right people, but I'll try again.

Since .chm files cannot be accessed via a network, it's a major problem for us since we cannot "install" these help file(s) on our clients' machines.  What information we have found on the forums and Microsoft for any kind of workaround is unfortunately, unsuccessful.

So, we attempted to use WebHelp Pro, but we discovered that the .htm files do not work on Delphi, which is what our desktop applications are written in.

Soooo, does anyone have any suggestions as to what to use as the primary layout?  Are there any possilbe "hidden" ways to make the .chm file work on a network?  What about Robo Server?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 12, 2010 Jan 12, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

You tried WebHelp Pro? Do you also have RoboHelp Server installed?

Click here for more on that

CHM files can be made to work on a network by relaxing some security.

Click here for more on that

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7 or 8 within the day - $24.95!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 13, 2010 Jan 13, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rick,

Well, I've been told that we should stick to WebHelp, so we're not using RoboHelp server.  Even so, we can't seem to get our desktop application (Delphi) to start up the index.htm output file.  When we press F1 or click our Help button, nothing happens.

My developer then tried something, and now the files open through the PC's Internet Explorer, which is NOT what we want either.

Any other suggestions?

- Karen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh and yes, I've tried all the links you send over!  As well, my developer is also searching for help everywhere!  🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there

Perhaps it will help to be very basic with your developer. I don't really like "finger pointing", but in some cases it's helpful.

If you can generate the WebHelp and open it on your computer, you have done your job. Show that to the developer.

Take it a step further now. If you can copy your WebHelp and run it properly from a server location, again, you have done your job. Show that to your developer.

WebHelp output is really no different than any other HTML page. So you might suggest to your developer to just try and create a link to something like Google.com. If s/he can do that successfully, it should be a simple matter to configure the application to open your WebHelp. All s/he should need to know is the path and filename of the WebHelp start page.

Hopefully that helps a smidge... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

Captivate Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Adobe Certified Captivate Training

SorcerStone Blog

Captivate eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp