• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Any help with to many activations?

New Here ,
Jan 04, 2010 Jan 04, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Me too have the same problem, in the instalation and update process of my reader, aparently have used the 6 units allowed, and now I can not use my reader I get the following error:

E_ACT_TOO_MANY_ACTIVATIONS http://adeactivate.adobe.com/adept/Activate 3281:281:8281 urn:uuid:76a50ecb-410c-4517-8230-bd7da275ca54

I only have one reader and one portable computer on windows XP.  So I do not understand how could I get used all the 6 devices allowed

any help!  Please!

Javier

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jan 05, 2010 Jan 05, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Support for ADE is offered through the web portal at http://www.adobe.com/support/digitaleditions  ("Click on submit a web case")

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Jim, but there is no support from adobe it says that they are experimenting a problem and no one can add another web case!

see by yourself:  https://www.adobe.com/cfusion/support/index.cfm?event=portal

That is why I have asked you to help,

Regards

Javier

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Works fine - I just submitted a case.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jim, sorry to insist you, but enclosed is a jpg file with the a copy of the screen with the message.....

Any help is appreciated

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The page you sent looks like you are trying to create an AdobeID (which you should already have), instead of trying to submit a web case.

Step by step instructions:

1.) Go to: http://www.adobe.com/support/digitaleditions

2.) Click on "Submit a web case"

3.) Login (if needed)

4.) This will get you correctly to: https://www.adobe.com/cfusion/support/index.cfm?event=porta

5.) In the Techinical support tab:

a.) Set the issue type to "other"

b.) Select "Additional Products" and select "Digital Editions"

c.) Press Continue

6.) A new page called "Create a support case" will appear" - enter in the appropriate informat - be sure to include the exact and full error text in the description

7.) Press Review & Submit

8.) (new page "Review Case") Review the details for correctness and click "Submit"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jim, really, I appreciate your help, bu I am doing as you are expalining it to me, I think it is because I am outside of the USA, that Adobe don let me in.

But please belive me, I am doing as you say.

I will see what I can do...............

Regards

Javier

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bumped your Computer activations to 3 (you had 1 left), and your device activations to 4 (you had none left).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 06, 2010 Jan 06, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, Jim, I do not understand what is going on!, but thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 07, 2010 Jan 07, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also in the "too many activations" boat.  How did I get there?  I have only used one computer and one reader with ADE, with one user account.  Hadn't used my reader for a few weeks, hooked it up and went to the public library site to download some books.  When I opened ADE, the program acted like a new install and kept asking me to install/activate.  I tried several times, not realizing a limit existed.  I don't understand the need for this limitation, and find it particularly frustrating when the program keeps identifying a need to authorize a computer that had already been authorized.  This issue seems to be pretty common.  I tried calling customer support but was left on hold for 40 minutes by two different people who didn't have a clue, couldn't understand my issue, kept getting my name and email address wrong..."horizon.net".  Very disappointing, to say the least.  I have opened up a ticket, but the fact that this process takes a MINIMUM of three days to address just adds to my frustration.  I don't have a problem with protected content...I do have a problem with not being able to access books that I have purchased or "borrowed" from my library because of a glitch in ADE.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 11, 2010 Jan 11, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not have solved the problem still waiting that Adobe give to me the chance to inform that the ADE has that glitch.................... what a bad piece of software.....!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 13, 2010 Jan 13, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same issue today and recieved the same message exact issue with trying to download books from my library.  I just want to read a book on the gift I received for Christmas and I am very frustrated.  I did try the live chat today, but they told me they would have to pass it to tech support so I wait.....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 13, 2010 Jan 13, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 14, 2010 Jan 14, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

send me an email I will explain what I have done.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines