Exit

Unable to down load books.No respose from Adobe

New Here ,
Jan 07, 2010 Jan 07, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have for the last 10days tried to

get my Sony E-reader up and working.

Have spoken to Sony at lenghth ansd also to WHSmith and Waterstones. They are all of the opinion that Adobe has got a problem

Have tried uninstalling and reinstalling Adobe Digital but get the same problems.

1)Error getting license when trying to "Resume Pending tasks

License server communication problems

E_LIC_ALREADY_FILLED_BY_ANOTHER_USER

Have notified adobe 4days ago but have not had a response.

I didn't spend £250 on an e-reader to have these sort of problems.

Can anybody help

TOPICS
Download

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Support for Digital Editions is only offered through the web portal (http://www.adobe.com/support/digitaleditions click on 'Submit a web case').  However that being said this is a problem that can only be solved by working through Waterstones and WH Smith, since they are the ones that need to either refund your money, or issue you new download links - Adobe cannot do this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jim

Thanks for your message.

To date Smiths are blaming AdobeDigital.

Waiting reply from Waterstones via e-mail but told me by phone that they

think its an Adobe problem

Will keep you posted.

Regards

Steve

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 11, 2010 Jan 11, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had a similar problem with another vendor. Cooler Books blamed Adobe, Adobe blamed Cooler Books. After a few days I gave up and sold the e-reader on Ebay. Now I need to decide between a Kindle or the future Apple tablet (if it is released)

I guess many many ADE users will end doing the same

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately it will be as many as it takes to get it through to both the device manufacturers and book sellers that when someone buys a product from them, then that person expects support from them.  Blaming a third party (Adobe in this case), who may or may not be at fault, does not provide support for the user.

Speaking strictly personally, returning the COOL-er reader is what I would have done in your place.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 09, 2010 Mar 09, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I also bought a cool-er on QVC. A gift for my husband, I have a sony prs-300 and it works flawlessly with ADE. We are unable to get the cooler to work with ADE at all, we wanted to share purchased books. Am I wrong, or do we need different ADE profiles for two different readers? I thougt one ADE account could support two different readers? I finally heard from cool-er and was told I did not need to update firmware (ADOBE ADE said thats what I should do) And Cool-er rep said its an adobe know issue. Very Very frustrating. I was getting the too_many_authorizations error code with the cool-er, but now I get nothing ar all. shows in the library as being there, but "no Permission to copy here" when trying to drag& drop.Good luck to all of you, at least I don't feel like its just me anymore.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In reply to Jim - but shouldn't we "blame" Adobe Digital Editions for the activations problem and the lack of response to tickets opened for that issue?  Based on my personal experience, a problem definitely exists regarding the activation bug with Adobe's product.  I have been waiting for what should be a simple fix on this issue since 5 Jan.  So instead of reading my ebooks which are trapped in Digital Editions cyber space, I spend my time reading these forums full of similar complaints.  I realize I didn't pay for this Adobe product, but I didn't abuse it by loading it on many devices and computers (loaded on one computer with one reader), and because of this glitch, I am not able to use products I did pay for.  I'm sorry, but I do blame Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The blame game between Adobe, the e-reader manufactures and the e-book sellers is the main problem here. The end result is unhappy customers.

The Amazon model for the Kindle seems to be a lot friendlier: one provider for the hardware, software and content. It might be less flexible, but at least it will work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In reply to Jim - but shouldn't we "blame" Adobe Digital Editions for the activations problem and the lack of response to tickets opened for that issue?  Based on my personal experience, a problem definitely exists regarding the activation bug with Adobe's product.  I have been waiting for what should be a simple fix on this issue since 5 Jan.

I definitely agree that you should absolutely blame Adobe for the bad responses to "Too Many Activations" error (btw what's your case # so I can both fix it and complain to management), but that's not the same problem as being described by TucuUK (bad fingerprint being unable to activate), or the original poster (E_LIC_ALREADY_FILLED_BY_ANOTHER_USER).

For TucuUK's problem, it is completely the fault of poor support/quality by Interread (the seller of the COOL-er reader).

To respond to TucuUK:

The blame game between Adobe, the e-reader manufactures and the e-book sellers is the main problem here. The end result is unhappy customers.

Yes I am doing too much of that in this thread, but mostly I am getting increasingly frustated that when encountering problems such as your and the original posters errors, that the groups that can actually do something about it (Interread in your case, WH Smith's in the OPs case), choose not to.  It would be less frustrating if Adobe could do anything to solve your problem, because then at least it would result in just unhappy company relationships instead of unhappy customers as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 12, 2010 Jan 12, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Just found out that Sony have had a problem with e-library down load over

the past 10/14 days.

This comes from one of the biggest book stores in the UK

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 12, 2010 Jan 12, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 13, 2010 Jan 13, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have had the same problem.  I got a Sony ereader for christmas and loaded the software for the reader library on my mac.  I then had a confusing time trying to download adobe digitals etc.  I managed to copy free books from the internet into the sony reader library but it didn't go onto Adobe editions.  I managed to get these free books onto my reader.  I then bought a couple of books from WH SMith online and downloaded them after a lot of hassle into the Sony reader library but it won't go into the digitial editions or onto my ereader as I am not an authorised user.  Having spoken with Sony they too send me to Adobe as they couldn't help any further as apparently Adobe are managing the rights management and this is what is causing the problem.  I have had an open support call with Adobe for weeks now and they have escalated it to the next level of support - whatever that means - and suggested in the meantime to try the user forums which suggests to me that they haven't got an answer to the issue! 

thinking of just returning the ereader and waiting for one of the others - perhaps the apple one as it will hopefully work like itunes- frustrating though as it was a gift from my partner and he will be really upset I am returning it when it was a good idea in theory!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Phillipa

After numerous hours of speaking to Sony, Adobe ,WH Smith and Waterstones I

managed to download the books I had purchased.

I asked Smiths to re-activate the books I ordered and once this was done I

was able to see that they had gone into my e-reader library. It was then a

case of plugging in , to my computer, my Sony e-reader and dragging the

books from the library to the reader.

I spoke to Waterstones in store this wek and they told me that they had an

e-mail from Sony highlighting down load problems over the last couple of

weeks. Hope this might be of help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My Digital Editions authorizations were reset today and I was able to reauthorize my computer.  My products are there.  Still don't know why this happened, but I hope Adobe continues to work on the issue.

I haven't had any problems with my Sony Reader...I've had it about a year and really like the technology.  You do have to authorize your Reader through the Sony store, if you haven't already done that.  I hadn't had any problems with Adobe Editions until just recently...there is a glitch somewhere that needs to be fixed.  Keep asking for help from Adobe...hopefully you'll get a response from them, too.  I'm sorry your experiences with your e-reader haven't been very good, but I hope you get them resolved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 14, 2010 Jan 14, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have exactly the same problem, get no help from anyone. No wonder they are not selling, the buck stops with Adobe and they dont do anythin

g to help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 16, 2010 Jan 16, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an open case waiting for Adobe support to remove my activations.  I messed up since the whole ebook reader thing is new to me and I over activated my computer and ereader.  I was trying to download library rentals when I received the too many activation error.  I am frustrated because I've been waiting since Wednesday AM for someone to remove the activations.  I understand that it takes about 3 days to do this.  I'm on day 4 and still waiting.  I feel 3 days is too long to wait to get these cleared.  Hopefully, I'll be back up and running soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 17, 2010 Jan 17, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems like cases eventually get addressed and the reactivations can be reset.  Thank you to Jim Lester for patrolling these forums and helping with issues...I hope he continues to do that and to push this issue with Adobe management so that this glitch gets fixed.  It is frustrating to have to wait 5 to 6 days to get the case processed to get the activations reset.  It seems to take at least three days for the initial response, and then another three days once you respond back to the support person.

Make sure you put your Adobe ID in your support ticket....that may expedite the process a little bit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines